New 2.4.6 install, or old install, only ever showing blank page

Hello,

I’ve gone through several point release installs in my environment on CentOS 7.0 and I am getting the same issues that many other appear to with a blank page showing when loading the index.php to run through the web installer. The permissions are indeed set-up correctly and with the install running under the proper user account (apache:apache). I have even set-up a duplicate with 777s across the install with zero success. Continuing to get the following in /var/log/httpd/error_log:

ojs2 has produced an error\n Message: USER ERROR: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir ‘/var/www/html/ojs/cache/t_compile’. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user.\n In file: /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php\n At line: 1093\n Stacktrace: \n Server info:\n OS: Linux\n PHP Version: 5.4.16\n Apache Version: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_fcgid/2.3.9 PHP/5.4.16\n DB Driver: mysql

This appears to be a pretty common issue with a lot of dead-ends for a lot of people. I am hoping someone can share insight that has the similar issue while confirming perms are good.

Hi @davechristensen,

Can you check whether your server is using SELinux extensions? If so, you need to consider more than the file ownership and numeric permissions you’ve assigned.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Ah yes, that was indeed causing it. Thank you, this resolved my problem.

hi, I’m Daniel from Indonesia. I have problems OJS showing blank page after upload into server. Before that, i was installed OJS in my laptop using XAMPP, install is successfully, when i upload it into server any module not working.
picture OJS in my laptop (localhost):

and here it is ojs aftre upload into server (CentOS 6)

and when i click Menu Tentang Kami (About Us), the page showing blank):

So, how to fix these problem. Thanks before

@dendaniel, please review this FAQ for troubleshooting tips: When I click some button or follow some link, I'm left with a blank page. What do I do?