Mutant menu/navbar

Firstly, I’d like to thank you guys (people of this forum) for all your support. I’ve been able to solve tons of problems thanks to your replies.

Now, let’s get down to business: I noticed that when I click on User Page, the main menu changes. That is, a few options disappear. Also, the alternate header I set is missing. An image is worth more than a thousand words, so let’s take a look:

Just a random page, to show you how it normally looks:

Now, this is what I’m getting in User Pager:

I’m not sure if this issue occurs in other pages as well. I’d say probably. But I do know that this only happens when the user is logged. Could you guys please give me a hand?

Hi @sienp2016,

There’s been a bunch of back-and-forth on this – it’s currently intentional behavior, but doesn’t work well for everyone. The issue is that in a multi-journal install, users might have roles in many journals, and so the User Home link sends them to their account-wide user home. However, that’s formatted per the site theme, so for single-journal installations the layout change can be jarring.

Have a look at this solution, to be included in OJS 2.4.8-1. You can try applying the patch to your install.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Alright, thank you, @asmecher