Multiple site administrator's - You do not have sufficient permissions

Hi

We are having an issue when creating more than one site administrator.

Attached is the error message we see when we try to edit a user who is a site administrator, from another account that is also a site administrator.

To add site administrators we have taken the advice on the forum to add the user_id to the user_user_groups table, using the user_group_id of 1.

We have just upgraded to the latest version hoping this would fix the problem however the issue remains.

Does anybody else have a setup with multiple site admin’s,
and if so have you experienced a similar issue?

Many thanks
Jamie Milne

Picture1

Hi Jamie,

It’s not possible for a site administrator to edit another site administrator. They’ll need to edit their own account.

Best
Jason

Thanks jnugent!
So what we can do is all be Journal Managers and share a site admin account, reserved for site admin tasks only.

What is the difference between a site manager and journal manager?
We have some key users who need top level access, I made myself site admin role only, and could hardly see anything, no users edit access or journal access. But when I added Journal manager role I had a lot more control.

So does this mean Journal manager sits at the same level as a site administrator?

Many thanks for your input
Jamie

Hi @Jamie_Milne

A site manager can create or delete journals. A journal manager cannot do that. They can also install plugins via the plugin upload feature.

In order to access journal management features you still also need to be a journal manager, enrolled in that journal.

Best.
Jason