Multiple language website - Replication of Covers and PDF

Hi.

I am having a trouble with OJS3 that I had with OJS2, but that was easier to hide in earlier versions. I have a website in English, Portuguese and Spanish, because the journal publishes articles in any language of the Iberian Peninsula. That said, each edition cover is the same, in any language (it is not localized). Also, if the author writes in Spanish, there isn’t a translation to Portuguese. Also, the article might be in Basque, that I am not supporting as interface language to reduce management issues.

Given this scenario, my questions are:

1. is there a way to say to OJS to use the same cover for each issue, in any language, without having to upload them three times, or messing with the filesystem for the creation of symlinks?

2. is there a way to add the PDF of an article without specifying its language, so that is shows as PDF for every user, in any language?

Thanks
Alberto

For the buttons it should be easy to fix using either CSS or JavaScript…

For the buttons, using @asmecher custom header plugin, added this code:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.0/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script>
$(function(){
    $(".obj_galley_link.pdf").html("PDF");
});
</script> 

And it looks great so far.

Regarding the second issue, was easy to solve. The problem was the imported database that had the cover replicated for each language. Removing the cover in a language makes OJS use the default language image, as it should be. For now, looks like a success.

1 Like