Multi-factor authentication for OJS?

Apologies if I’ve missed something obvious, but is it possible to implement multi-factor authentication in OJS? As a result of security hardening across our various divisions our OJS installation has come up for discussion and we’ve been asked to investigate options. The only information I’ve come across is in this thread from 2016/2017, if anyone has any advice or an update it would be great to know so we can either look at implementing a solution or have an idea on where development’s at so I can share this with corporate IT.

If it helps we’re currently running OJS 3.3.0.8.

2 Likes

Hi @SBAus,

OJS doesn’t currently have 2FA support built in, but I’d recommend looking at the OpenID plugin (GitHub - leibniz-psychology/openid: OpenId plugin for OJS, OMP, OPS 3.x, also available in the Plugin Gallery). If you set up OpenID to work with a provider that supports 2FA, then OJS will gain that support in the bargain.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher - thanks for the tip! I’ll share this with our IT partners so we can explore what’s possible.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.