Modify or add submission page using a plugin in OJS 3.3.0

Hello, can we add and modify submission pages in OJS 3.3.0? For example I want to add text to the submission page, I have tried creating a plugin but it still doesn’t work, is this possible or not?

what kind of information would you like to add? I believe you can add text, not so much submission questionnaires or similar fields.
L.

yes, I’m planning to do some slight modifications at the submission stage like adding a new checkbox, but right now I’m just trying to add simple things like random text. Adding a text is still giving me trouble because none of the hooks are working when I create the plugin.

ok, I get it… sorry no expertise on my side on plugin ins :upside_down_face:
I simply rephrased and added links…
Regards

Hi @Justin_Laurenso,

Perhaps you could share a screenshot with a highlight of where you’d like to add the text?

-Roger
PKP Team

for example like this, in step 4 and on the red line. I want to try adding text there, is that possible?
Thank you

It’s okay, thank you for your response :slight_smile:

Hi @Justin_Laurenso,

If it’s just the text that you want to modify, you could try to do this through the custom locale plugin: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/translating-guide/en/customize-locale

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

can that custom locale plugin add a new text ?

Sort of… you’d just find the text key that include that’s text and add to it (or replace it) as you see fit.

-Roger
PKP team

what if i want to add view using .tpl file on submission page, if on article page i successfully use “HookRegistry::register(‘Templates::Article::Main’, array($this, ‘addButton’));”, but how do you do it on the submission page? is there a hook that can be used?

i want to add text, buttons or whatever using .tpl so using a custom locale plugin is not likely to be possible

Hi @Justin_Laurenso,

You’re right. This level of customization isn’t possible with the custom locale plugin. You’d have to modify the code. I’ll see if one of our developers can weigh in on this.

-Roger
PKP Team

Yes, I’m currently creating a new plugin and trying to modify the page with code. I hope it’s possible to modify the appearance of the submission page with a plugin.

Hi Justin,

In the submission wizard, there is a hook on step 3: “Templates::Submission::SubmissionMetadataForm::AdditionalMetadata”. There is none on step 4.

I created a plugin which does this on step 3 by adding extra fields to the metadata. See this repository: GitHub - TIBHannover/optimetaCitations: OPTIMETA OJS Plugin - Citations Plugin.

You can find hooks in template files by searching to “call_hook” in *.tpl files. In php files, you find these by searching to “HookRegistry::call”. In there, you can also see which variables are passed.

Gazi

2 Likes