Modify email to author re: ORCiD and edit default ORCiD page

I’m using OJS 3.1.4 (I think). We do NOT use OJS’s manuscript submission and review features; we post content once articles are complete.

In the past, I requested authors’ ORCID iDs in our process and entered them as I did QuickSubmit uploads of newly published articles. With the recent change in how OJS handles ORCiD, we’re getting feedback from authors that they don’t understand the email they receive asking them to add their ORCID iD to their article. Can I access the email message content and make it more helpful to our authors?

The plug-in created a page on our site (Open Journal Systems | Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development) with default info that I need to customize for our circumstances, but I don’t know how to access it. (We have a site hosted by PKP.)

Hi Amy,

We’ll review your current setup and follow-up shortly via our ticket system.

Best,
Michael

FYI we are also seeing this issue with ORCID Plugin on our own hosted instance. We are on 3.1.2-1 and have the same default page with text we’re not sure how to update: https://mrujs.mtroyal.ca/index.php/is/orcidapi/about

Other than that, plugin and associated documentation is working really well!

Thanks!

Hi @Sonya_Betz

It’s possible to edit those pages by editing the associated locale keys associated with the ORCID plugin. You can use the customLocale plugin to accomplish this, if you like.

Cheers,
Jason

1 Like

Thanks @jnugent! I didn’t know there was a customLocal plugin for OJS 3. We’ll give it a try…