Migration of an Journal to an different Server

Good Morning, I have been researching different methods of migrating multiple instances of an OJS servers to an Single hosted OJS. I came across this wonderful plugin called. GitHub - lepidus/fullJournalTransfer: OJS plugin for importing/exporting a journal with all its private information (e.g. submitted articles, reviews, editorial decisions, etc.)
This was exactly what I was looking for.
This plugin seems to export the Journal into a great tar file. My problem arises when I tried to import the Journal into the new instance.
I get this error.

tar: Removing leading ‘/’ from ‘/ojs/www/ojs/files/fullJournalImportExport//journal.xml’
tar: Removing leading ‘/’ from ‘/ojs/www/ojs/files/journals/1/’
tar: Removing leading ‘/’ from ‘/ojs/www/ojs/files/journals/1/graphics/’
tar: Removing leading ‘/’ from ‘/ojs/www/ojs/files/journals/1/issues/’
tar: Removing leading ‘/’ from ‘/ojs/www/ojs/files/journals/1/LPCRC-logo-transp-small.png’
tar: Removing leading ‘/’ from ‘/ojs/www/ojs/files/journals/1/articles/’
tar: Removing leading ‘/’ from ‘/ojs/www/ojsr/files/journals/1/articles/76/’
tar: Removing leading ‘/’ from ‘/ojs/www/ojs/files/journals/1/articles/76/submission/’
tar: Removing leading ‘/’ from ‘/ojs/www/ojs/files/journals/1/articles/76/submission/review/’
tar: Removing leading ‘/’ from ‘/ojs/www/ojs/files/journals/1/articles/76/submission/review/76-347-1-RV.doc’

ojs2 has produced an error
In file: /ojs/www/ojs/plugins/importexport/fullJournalTransfer/FullJournalImportExportPlugin.inc.php
At line: 249
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.3.29
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 5.1.37
Journal has been imported successfully.

When I look inside the OJS, the imported Journal is not there.

Any feed back would be appreciated. I tried this exercise in Solaris 11 and Ubuntu 14.10

Since @abadan initially posted the fullJournalTransfer plugin here, I’ll tag that user in this discussion.

One thought from me would be to check which version of tar you are using on Solaris. Solaris comes with a non-GNU tar which might behave differently than expected. Installing a GNU tar and configuring OJS for that (if you haven’t already) might be beneficial. (Specifically, I don’t think the absolute paths are intentional in the export.)

I have been looking at this plugin as well. One thing is that the source and target OJS have to be the same version.
This plugin will only work on OJS-2.4.6 and higher.
So if you are export from OJS-2.4.7.1 the target has to be OJS-2.4.7.1.
Not sure if this is relevant in your case but something I got from the developer.

Yes I have both installations on the same version of the OJS software.

Open Journal Systems 2.4.8