Migration from OJS 3.3.013 to OJS 3.4.0.3 ERROR

I’m trying to migrate from OJS 3.3.013 to OJS 3.4.0.3,
my version of PHP is the 8.1, but I got the following:
ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table

Hi @Angela_Diiorio ,

In most cases, such an error happens when trying to upgrade multiple times and not cleaning the DB from the previous attempt.

Regards, Primož

We tried to upgrade from 3.3.0.13 to 3.4.0.3 but got the following error: ```
[17-Oct-2023 05:32:27 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Mailer driver isn’t specified in the application’s config in /home/…/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPContainer.php:315. Our host has tried to upgrade but recognized a code issue, which is beyond the scope of their service. Our site does not use the PHPMailer; instead we employed an SMTP method to use an institutional email account. I have read another posting on this error from June 14 (https://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/t/error-upgrade-ojs-to-3-4/79222) and tried to connect with the author of that posting a couple of days ago but have not heard back yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance! @asabhar

@asabhar

Thanks, @Dimidrol ,

After closer look, I realized that while 3.3.0.13 did not have a PKPContainer.php file, 3.4.0.3 does have one and it directs you to the config.inc.php file where PHPMailer needs to be set up. Are you using OJS without the PHPMailer as well? It looks like the path you are showing goes into the Linux directory, which I cannot access but I can ask our host to see if that is where they have their mailer driver. Another thing: They had been using CentOS before switching to AlmaLinux a few weeks ago, so the path might be different. What OS are you using? Thanks again!

@asabhar, I see you’ve also posted this question on another thread, where I’ve answered:

It’s best not to post the same question several times.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

My apologies, I was trying to post the question in the context of an ongoing/recent discussion (June 14).