Migrating from OJS 2.3.7.0 to OJS 2.4.6.0

Hi, I would like know if somebody could clarify me?
Currently I have OJS 2.3.7.0 installed in my server and I need migrate de database content for new version system OJS 2.4.6.0… I’m looking for a way to do that, however i see that old database structure is different in some points. below follows a list of tables exist in the 2.3.7.0 version but is not in the actual version 2.4.6.0… How can I figure out the system’s need keep this tables in the current version?

below, these tables are in the version 2.3.7.0

article_authors
article_author_settings
article_email_log
article_event_log
article_notes
copyed_assignments
counter_monthly_log
custom_issue_orders
custom_section_orders
layouted_assignments
notification_status
proof_assignments
subscriptions_old
subscription_ip
subscription_ip_old
t1

Hi @washington,

Have you read the upgrade documentation in docs/UPGRADE?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi, I did read the DOC/UPGRADE and now I’m trying apply the patch to upgrade from version 2.3.7.0 to version 2.4.6.0 but no success still. Could someone help me? Attached follows an image of my DOS prompt with the error.

Best Regards.

Hi @washington,

You need to run this from within the OJS installatoin directory so the patch tool knows where to look for files.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Exactly, if you observe the image above you will see that, I am running from into the instalation directory of current ojs in my server but the tool to patch GnuWin32 is installed in C:/program files x86/GnuWin32/bin…
Would be this the problem?

Thanks.

Washington.

Hi @washington,

It looks like your current directory is C:\Program Files(x86)\GnuWin32\bin in the above screenshot. You’ll need to cd into the OJS installation directory first.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi asmecher, I found this post that explains step by step how to apply ojs patch in windows. follows the link below.

http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12571

Best Regards.

Washington.