Metadata not displayed

Hi,
I am unable to show metadata of articles published in my journal on the website.
When I get access to the log this is what I got.
Please see attachment.
Any help/suggestions on how to fix this issue, please?
Thanks!
Julio46

Hi @AJOMINFO,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

I am unable to show metadata of articles published in my journal on the website.

Can you describe what that means in more detail?

The error log you’ve posted is all warnings, none of which should interfere with OJS, but it’s possible that there is an error message further up in the log. (We’ll be working to resolve these warnings over the next few releases.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Alec,

thank you for your so fast reply.
I have been using the version 3.1.0.1 installed on Feb 2018.
In attachment you can see a screenshot of one of the webpage of the journal.
If I click on pdf icon…then I can see and download the entire article.
If I click on the title of the paper, I am supposed to be re-addressed in another webpage where I can see authors’ affiliation, keywords, abstract and so on…but when I do that, another page opens but it’s blank and says ERRO 500.
Can you help me with this please?
Many thanks!
Sincerely,

Giulio

Hi @AJOMINFO,

A 500 error should definitely correspond to something more specific in the log. Try looking again, and ignoring anything with “Warning” in the message.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
thank you for your reply.
I have now deleted all “warning” message and come up with this.
Would you mind to take a look and tell me if you see anything wrong, please?
Many thanks.
Giulio

Hi @AJOMINFO,

Does plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/collection/src/Seboettg/Collection/Collection.php exist in your installation? It seems like it might be missing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

apparently that plugins exists, as you can see from my screenshot.
However, when I click on “settings” and try to select a specific style, it does let me do it and save it, but after that when I re-click on “settings”, unfortunately I notice that it actually did not save the style that I selected. Might this be the problem? If so, how can I solve it?
Thank you once again for your patience and help.
Sincerely,

Julio21

Hi @AJOMINFO,

You’ll need to check on your server whether that specific file exists.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
thank you for your email.
In attachment you can see the screenshot of what I have in my server
Apparently this file exists, but I do not know if there is an error in it.
The error was:
[23-Mar-2018 09:28:07 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Interface ‘Seboettg\Collection\Collection’ not found in /home/urpmrgmj/public_html/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/collection/src/Seboettg/Collection/ArrayList.php on line 20

Thank you very much for your email.
Julio

36%20AM

Hi @AJOMINFO,

Does plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/collection/src/Seboettg/Collection/Collection.php exist on your server?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
yes it does exists.
Is there anything I need to change in this file? or replace with another one?
Thanks.
J.

Hi @AJOMINFO,

Can you compare it with the version that’s included in the .tar.gz package for your version of OJS and make sure it’s the same?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
sorry for my so slow reply.
Tomorrow I will try to compare the versions and will let you know.
If I install the newest version of OJS (3.1.1.0), would this fix my problem? I have 3.1.0.1
Additionally, If I install the 3.1.1.0., am I supposed to re-write the entire journal again, that is, guidelines, e-mail template, submissions etc…or will it simply overwritten with the improvements of the newest version?
Thank you very much!
Julio

Hi @AJOMINFO,

If you upgrade your OJS 3.1.0-1 to OJS 3.1.1, the upgrade process will take care of migrating all of your content and settings. The only exception is if you’ve modified the code directly on the server e.g. by editing .tpl or .php files; in that case you’ll have to migrate your changes yourself.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you very much Alec for the clarification.
The only thing that I have changed on the server is to switch from off to on regarding the automated email sent to reviewer 1 week after agreeing to review a paper.
So, it does not seem to be a big deal, if I have to do this again.
I will keep you posted also on the problem that I have had so far. Hopefully I will be able to fix it with the new version.
Thanks again.
Julio

Hi Alec,

thank you for your email again.
I have upgrade my OJS system from 3.1.0-1 to 3.1.1 version.
The problem about the metadata not displayed has resolved but I have not another issue.
When I enter the OJS system as admin I immediately receive an image “api.submission.unknownError” I am attaching a photo.
Additionally, when I try to navigate thru the website, I am unable to see “Masthead” in Journal setting, “Appearance” in website setting, “Submission” and “Review” in Workflow setting, and the list of my “Users”: it says “loading” but it does not load the list of the users.
I am attaching the error log file that I retrived when I click on the above-mentioned field and when I click on “ok” regarding the api. error.53%20PM

Here it is the error log.
I think that the main issue should be this:

Type: RuntimeException
Code: 5
Message: Malformed UTF-8 characters, possibly incorrectly encoded
File: /home/urpmrgmj/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Http/Response.php
Line: 353
I do not know how to solve this.
I have the 7.0 version of PHP
Can you please help me? Reviewers are unable to get access to the website and upload their review.
Thank you very much.
Julio

Hi @AJOMINFO,

I don’t think that’s related to this thread – could you post it as a new topic? That’ll help keep the forum organized.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Sure! Not a problem. I will

Just done! thank you Alec.