Maximum space for upload directory exceeded

When I try to upload e new images jpg I get this error: “maximum space for upload directory exceeded” and I can’t upload any image. anymore.
Please help me.

1 Like

Hi @Luciano_Correa

Could you post what software and version are you using and finding this error?
Often this message is more related to php.ini settings, for now, without a complete information about software I can only recommend you to check thread bellow which user has a similar issue you are reporting. Perhaps the solutions provided may helps you either.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello,
We have the same problem. We change maximun file size and post maximum size limit in phjp.ini but it’s still happening.
Help me, please
M.
P.S.
OJS 3.1.0.1
PHP 5.6.33

Hi @ManoliV

I think that this post in previous thread I mentioned may helps you:

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi, @israel.cefrin
Today we solve this problem. This problem is not due to php config.ini cause we can´t load any file whatever its size. It´s one limit of 25 MB of justboil.me image uploader configuration (into TinyMCE plugin). You have to delete the users files in public/site/images/me/ or, I suppouse, changes the limit in justobil.me/ config.php.
Regards
Manoli V.

Just edit this file:

\plugins\generic\tinymce\plugins\justboil.me\config.php

Change line 46:

$config[‘max_upload_dir_size’] = 25000;

to this:

$config[‘max_upload_dir_size’] = 2500000;

And you will have 2.5 gb of maximum space.

Hope it helps

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

Very usefull answer @rodrigo_snape but I have a question. Where is the upload directory that the plugin? I want to see what is inside the folder.

Thank you in advance.

Diego.

Hi,

There is a “global” upload folder for all images that an user uploads.

If the user is rodrigo then the path is:

/public/site/images/rodrigo/

The trick part is that if the user NEVER uploaded an image the folder doesn’t exists. It ll be created (automatically) after the users uploads something.

Hope it helps

2 Likes

Hi @rodrigo_snape

Thank you so much, I found it.

Regards. Diego.

Hi am also got same problem… am used ojs 3.1.1.1
what should i do ?
max%20upload

Hi @cikgushah

This is the solution for your post:

Best,
Israel

Can you please screen shoot which part can i get this plugin to edit .am lost how to edit that part.

thank you

Can you please screen shoot which part can i get this plugin to edit .am lost how to edit that part.

thank you

Hi @cikgushah

You need edit a file on your OJS install:
[ojs_root_folder]\plugins\generic\tinymce\plugins\justboil.me\config.php

Switch the value on line 46, i.e.:
$config['max_upload_dir_size'] = 25000;
to
$config['max_upload_dir_size'] = 2500000;

It should fix your issue.

Best,
Israel

This just made my day… Thanks!! This workaround works for version 3.1.2.1 too :+1:

i have the same problem.
do you know where this directory is in 3.2.1-1?

Hi @Adriano_Jose

The justboil.me is not present in OJS 3.2. This issue you are dealing with can be fixed editing the config.inc.php file and increasing the value on the following parameter: public_user_dir_size

Best,
Israel

1 Like