Managing editorial section in masthead and attaching files to acceptance email

Dear Sir,

OJS 3.1 - I have following queries.

1. I need to know how to set up the editorial board section and their profile for public view on front end.
    For example, I have 3 editors and 10 reviewers registered under Journal A. Now I want to show their names and affiliation with country in Editorial Team section under About menu item. I want to automate this section, like if the editor update their info then their information should be changed automatically on front end.

2. My other query is to attach extra files in email templates while sending notification to author. Like if I want to send the additional files in acceptance email then how could I do that?

3. Finally I want to collect the publication charges using PayPal ? How to use the paypal plugin.

Thanks

Hi @navmalik,

1. You can enter names and other information about editors and reviewers in the Masthead section under Journal Settings. Below that is the “About the Journal” field where you can enter information about the journal. Then on your public page you will see an About menu and the About the Journal and Editorial Team pages as sub-menu items under that. In OJS 2.4.x there was an option to automatically fill the Masthead field but this feature is not available in 3.x (see Upgrading to OJS 3.0 from 2.4.8: How to display editorial team? - #8 by asmecher)

2. You can attach additional files when you send the Request Revisions e-mail but not when you send an acceptance e-mail. This feature will hopefully be added in the future. See [OJS3] Mail Attached Files - #5 by Cristhian_Andres_Rey

3. To enable Paypal payments go to Settings > Distribution > Payments. Choose a currency, select Paypal Fee Payment, enter your Paypal Payment Settings information, and Save.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you.
For query no. 3, I am sorry but I can not find a way use the PayPal payment in my workflow. Like if want to add the PayPal payment option in my workflow after Acceptance of Article, then how could I do that?
Please let me know more about PayPal payments and manual payments.
How can I use them in my workflow?

Hi @navmalik,

To do that, you’ll need to go to Payment Types and enter an amount under Author Fees.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Can you please guide me from which option I can go to payment types and enter the amount under author fees.
As I could not found Payment types and author fees in OJS 3.1.

Hi @navmalik,

Under Access, make sure you’ve enabled the Subscriptions module. (This is necessary even if you don’t intend to use subscriptions – this is a UI/UX quirk that’ll be resolved in the next release.)

With that done, you should see the Subscriptions item on the left-hand sidebar, and from there you can configure your payment types.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you. Now I am able to view the subscription module in right side of menu.
I have created a subscription type and entered the publication fees also. But in workflow I can not find any option to pay through paypal if I login as an Author.

Please guide me how can I use the subscription module to collect the publication fees from authors.

Regards
Naveen Malik

Hi @navmalik,

When the article is accepted by the editor, they will have the option to require payment. This will result in the author receiving a notification (on the OJS site) and an email; either will direct them through the payment process.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you.
I can see now the option for asking publication fees in acceptance phase.
But as I login as author and click on tasks - “The publication fee is due for payment” →
an error occured here –
This page isn’t working

jiaats.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Please guide me to resolve this issue.

Regards
Naveen Malik

Hi @navmalik,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

[11-Nov-2017 16:25:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Interface ‘Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventSubscriberInterface’ not found in /home/naeemijr/public_html/jiaats.com/ojs31/plugins/paymethod/paypal/vendor/guzzle/guzzle/src/Guzzle/Http/RedirectPlugin.php on line 20

This is the last error related to paypal payment.

What should I do?

Hi @navmalik,

See [OJS 3.1] Payments tab keep on loading infinitely and Cant buy PDF (Page isn't working error) for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher