Low logic or low physical - Database email

Hello again, I am creating accounts in my magazine, but after deleting a user I can not upload another one with the same email because it shows that the email address is busy.

Verify the database and the user table. I do not see the instructions either.

Where are these accounts kept?

Thank you!

Any solution for this aspect?

Hi @Jorgef

What software, and its version, are you using? Are you removing or merging users?

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @israel.cefrin
Thanks for your message, I´m using OJS 3.1 I need to remove users.
Regards,
Jorge
Argetine Federation of Cardiology fac.org.ar

Hi @Jorgef

You can delete users from the system by using the “merge users” feature, either in the journal manager’s web interface or with tools/ergeUsers.php.
When you merge an user to another, email address is removed from database.

Is it possible that the JM used the “Remove” feature, not the “Merge” feature? Remove just clears all roles from the user’s account, but does not delete the account. “Merge” will actually delete the user.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Thanks again for your quick answer! :smile:
Jorge

Hi @israel.cefrin I did what you told me but I did not get results.

I do not understand why the “delete” button in users does not erase the data…

no matter how many users delete the email accounts are not unsubscribed since I can not register a user with the same email

Hi @Jorgef

Remove option is related to current journal. Just have in mind a user can enroll diferent journals with different roles. So remove from one journal doesn’t imply it will remove from other. Imagine an user that is a reviewer in a journal but , at same time, he is an author in a different. If you remove feature was a complete dele, all his articles would be lost authoring.

That’s why merge exists, it allows transfer authoring to other user (e.g. a JM) and then clear author data, such email and on.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

@israel.cefrin thanks for 're answer

I understand the point.

but in this case I only have one user that deletes from the system.

Now I want to reload it, with the same email but it does not come out because it has an email that was previously used.

It’s weird that it works that way …