Link Send to Review disappeared

We noticed that in OJS 3.0 When journal manager is logged in Links/buttons to Sent do Review, Send to Copyediting and Send to production disappeared. We see only List of Participants.
I noticed that usr from admin side does have roles of Journal Manager, Journal editor, Author, Reader and Reviewer, but when I log in as that user in his profile I see only roles of reviewer, author and Reader.
Please advise.

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

Are you assigned to the submission in the right-hand side (“Participants” list)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I see that journal Editor and/or Journal Manager are not in the list of Participants. There is author listed only. See attach.

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

You need to add participants to the submission in order for the option to send to the next stage to appear. Right now, it appears that there are no editors or copy-editors assigned to this submission. If you click on “Add” in the participants box you’ll be able to add folks to the submission.

Best,
Michelle

Hello,
I know that but it should be by default instead of manually adding during each submission. Right?

Hi @vvucic

I am also finding some oddities in the way this is functioning.

At first when I clicked on a new submission, I was also seeing no option to send to review, to copy-editing or to decline the submission. I then changed the section settings to add a section editor to one section (reviews). And now for all sections (articles, editorial, and reviews) it has assigned the section editor automatically and allowed the functionality you were expecting.

I am not sure if this is a bug, but I think the quick answer is for you to assign a user as a section editor, and then assign section editors to each section.

To change the user role go to “Users & Roles”> “User”> select the dropdown arrow for the user you want> “Edit.” That will allow you to assign that user as a section editor

To add a section editor to a section go to “Settings” > “Journal”> “Sections” > select the drop down arrow for the section you want . “edit” That will allow you to add a section editor at the bottom. There is a screenshot of this menu path below.

Thanks. What surprised me is that it worked well and it stopped two days ago. I guess that is someone is Journal Manager it should work by default.

Thanks again on support

Hi all,

The short answer is that those editor decision actions only become available one an editor is assigned. This can either be done manually (per submission), or by setting up your sections with assigned editors; those users will be assigned automatically.

You may also have to reload the page after assigning a user before the actions will appear – this is a known issue. See this github entry.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks on your answer. It is not clear to me if I as admin assign to user role fo Journal manager, Journal Editor, Author that after that in his profile he is neither Journal Manager nor Journal Editor. I guess some bug must be there.

Thanks

I tried to follow the procedure, but now i am getting this error and its stuck at “Loading” users. any help plz

Hi @Muhammad_Tayyab,

I don’t think this is related to the original post. Could you post this in a new thread? That’ll help keep the forum organized.

Regards,
Alec Smecher