Let author edit Metadata

Hi @asmecher
Thank you very much for your effort in OJS 3.2
I have 1 question, how can I let permission to author for changing or update metadata?!
I think the author can easily update metadata without any permission!

Please explain this section for me
Thanks,
Mahmood

1 Like

Hi @mbabaei,

Login as Editor, find the author’s assignment in the Participants list, and Edit it; you should see something like:

The checkbox there can be used to control whether the author has metadata editing rights.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher
Is this new feature in OJS 3.2? Is there github patch, I would like to implement this in ojs 3.1.2?

Hi @Dragoljub_Djordjevic,

Yes, that screenshot is from OJS 3.2.0. Because the change affects the data model (and was added some time after 3.1.2 forked from the master branch) I don’t think you’ll be able to easily patch a 3.1.2 install with the feature, but in any case, the feature add is here: Selectively permit author metadata changes after submission · Issue #3758 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi, great outcome. I cannot find out how to edit an authors assignment. When I click on the author I see “Remove Notify Login As”

I would appreciate a pointer to see where this new setting has been located.

Hi @MarkAGregory,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, thx for responding, I thought I had closed this thread. I found the issue, I was not running the correct version and looking at the wrong webpage.

This is a great capability for editors, we’ve already had authors using this capability to backfill metadata that they missed.

Regards
Mark Gregory