Least one statistics/report plugin to be enabled

Hi Everyone;

I have a concern about this screenshot?

Screenshot_1

Where can I see this statistics?

-regards;

Darryl

Hi @OJS_Darryl,

Interesting… presumably these other plugins are under the “Report Plugins” in the Plugin gallery. Is this for the MostRead plugin (GitHub - ajnyga/mostRead: OJS3.2+ Most Read Articles block plugin)?

-Roger
PKP Team

@rcgillis ;

Thank you for responding, but this is not what I mean; I tried checking the link, uploading it, and enabling it, but the result is not here.

'm trying to figure out what plugin this is:

Screenshot_1

-regards

Darryl

Hi @rcgillis ;

I noticed on my Generic Plugins that the usage statistic plugin was disable(unchecked). I want to enabled this but i don’t how to do it.

Screenshot_1

-regards
Darryl

Hi @OJS_Darryl,

I was able enable it by clicking the checkbox:

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 1.45.45 PM

However, if that option is not available to you, you may have to adjust some of the settings first. This thread has some good advice for how to go about that: How to configure "Usage Statistics" plugin settings - #5 by israel.cefrin

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello @rcgillis;

Yeah, I came here but I did not understand what they are mean on this.

I go to the config.inc.php and look for this salt;

; The unique salt to use for generating password reset hashes
salt = “YouMustSetASecretKeyHere!!”

and generate a key here https://www.random.org/strings/;

and change the salt = “generate a key here!!” but the checkbox to enabled is still disabled.

I tried to reupload a file usagestats(from file_dir) which is generate in my old ojs back up. but, still the status is disabled.

Please enlighten me this.

-regards
Darryl

Hi @OJS_Darryl,

Thanks for reporting back. I’m not sure what exactly is going on here :thinking: - but I’ll see if one of my colleagues can weigh in.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello @rcgillis ;

Yes, I think it’s about the code? because I tried to re-install a new OJS-3.3.0-10 and I’ve noticed that the usagestats is automatically installed and can check the settings, but in our current installed it’s disabled.

I tried also exporting the database entity plugin_setting for UsageStats Plugins and importing to the OLD database, but it same result as well.

Please kindly help me on this.

-regards

Darryl

@rcgillis ;

I revisit and understand the salt = “YouMustSetASecretKeyHere!!” and generate the key. and the Usage statistics in generic plugins was enabled and showed the check on the thick box, but I’ve this that there is something wrong in the setting when I tried to update the settings, it showed like this.

Screenshot_UsageStats this not the way I expected on this screenshot Up.

Maybe like this that I want, this screenshot below is a sample new installation OJS.

Screenshot_UsageStatsExpect

Please help me on this matter,

-regards

Darryl