Language incident changes accent marks for special characters

Hello everyone. On our OJS website, the accent marks have been changed to special characters, how can I solve this issue? I am waiting for your help. Our version of OJS is 3.2.1.1

Hi @gardbeat,

Related: Incidencia idioma caracteres especiales

The likeliest cause is that something changed with your database, e.g. it was dumped and reloaded inconsistently (changing the database set unintentionally). Alternately, check your config.inc.php to make sure that the character set configuration didn’t change there accidentally.

See:

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

What do I have to check in config.inc.php, could you tell me which lines?

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Hi @gardbeat,

They are listed in Strange Characters in abstracts since upgrading to OJS 3.2.1.1 (Bootstrap) - #13 by asmecher, mentioned above.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I have checked the database and the classification of the database tables is as follows:

utf8mb3_general_ci
utf8mb4_unicode_ci
latin1_swedish_ci

What tables should be changed and what classification?

Hi @gardbeat,

That’s more of a database question than an OJS question – you might have better luck reading how to check and configure this on StackOverflow.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

You can write to me here what I should modify on StackOverflow, it’s not clear to me, I have to tell them to modify the Hosting provider.

Very kind and I look forward to your response.

Hi @asmecher,

Might you help me? Since I have the hosting company waiting for the StackOverflow, which you told me to modify…