Labels for Current Roles are missing after update to 3.3.0.10 from 3.1.2.4

Hi!

After upgrading one of our educational journals (used in our master programme) from 3.1.2.4 to 3.3.0.10, we noticed that all english labels for the role names (Settings → User & Roles → Roles) was missing. All role names looks like this: “##default.groups.name.manager##” etc. The role name labels are correct in Swedish though. ¨
There might be other english labels missing too.

In order to make the upgrade I had to migrate the installation to a new server with Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS since the installation requried PHP 7.4.

It looks like this:

users_roles_curren_roles

I can’t find any thread with a similar problem. Could anyone give me a clue about what went wrong?

Best regards,
Tobias Carlsson
University of Borås

Hi @tbca

Check the user_group_settings table of your installation and double check if you have the locale en_US for these missing role labels. You may find it under the same user_group_id of Swedish and add the translation if they are missing.

Best,
Israel

Hi! Thank you very much for your reply.

I think I’ve found the incorrect database entries in the table you pointed out:

error

I guess I can just manually change their names. Do you have any idea of how this could happen?

Best, Tobias

Hi @tbca

Yes, you can update it manually. It seems that, when you upgraded your OJS, the locale for English language was not successfully loaded.
Please, let me know if it made the work.

Best,
Israel

Hi again,

It worked fine just to edit the labels in the database. I have not upgraded to 3.3.0.11 yet, so I don’t now it the problem will come back or if it’ll be alright from now.

Best, Tobias

1 Like