Journal manager receives 2 emails when manuscript is submitted

Hi
We are using OJS 3.1 - Why admin and Journal manager receives 2 emails when manuscript is submitted? Is there a way to change that?

Hi @Pubrec,

If you go to Workflow Settings, under the Submission tab, you can check off whether you want a copy of the Notification of Author Submission sent to the primary contact identified in Journal Settings and you can enter another email address that you want a notification sent to.

An individual users can also visit their own user profile, go to the Notifications tab, and check off what email notifications to receive.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi, @astevens!

This solution does not work in my case. Here is our situation. I’m a global admin of our OJS 3.1.1.2 with two dozen journals. For each of them, I’m also a journal manager, but not an editor.

The notification settings are as follows:

Despite this, I get a notification every time when a new article has been submitted and an editor needs to be assigned. The corresponding task is also created in my profile.
What is the reason for this behavior and how can I turn off notifications for me as a journal manager?

Hi @rkhalikov,

Are you the Principal Contact for the journal, listed under Journal Settings > Contact?

Thanks,
Amanda Stevens

No, I’m not a principal contact in any of the journals. Only in one journal I’m listed as a technical support contact.

Hi @rkhalikov,

You’re not the first person to report this issue of too many email notifications with OJS 3.1 that can’t be controlled with the configuration settings. We’re currently doing testing to identify the problem and hope to resolve it in a future release of OJS. If I learn of a quick solution in the meantime I will post it here.

Best,
Amanda Stevens

Hi @rkhalikov,

I just want to give an update that this has been filed as an issue on GitHub (Reduce the number of new submission notification emails for editors, and simplify their management · Issue #3770 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub) and scheduled to be fixed in OJS 3.1.1-5. Feel free to follow progress or add your own comments to the issue.

Best,
Amanda Stevens

1 Like