Journal Editor Role in OJS 3.3.0.7. unable to schedule publication

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
We recently upgraded to 3.3.0.7. From what I can tell, the Journal Editor role is no longer allowed to schedule articles. The Editor of one our journals is assigned as the “Journal Editor” to an article. When he tries to schedule it for publication, he gets a message stating that he does not have permission to access this stage of the workflow. Is this a bug or is it intended? It’s very confusing to the editor because he was always able to assign articles to issues in the past.

What I tried to resolve the issue:

I was able to resolve it by adding him as a “Production Editor”. He was then allowed to schedule the article in the next issue. It’s not an ideal solution because he should not have to assign himself in multiple roles in order to schedule and publish an article.

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:
OJS 3.3.0.7.

Hi @Janet_Swatscheno,

Sorry to hear you are having this frustration with the Journal Editor role not having access to the Publication stage. There are a few solutions you can try in the Users & Roles settings, as described in this post: Can't Schedule Publications with right permissions - #7 by odkr

Can you try following the steps outlined here and let us know if the problem persists?

Thank you,

Kate