iThenticate folder permissions

• Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2

• Description of issue
    I installed the iThenticate plugin and when submitting a new manuscript, an apache error is generated and the plugin doesn’t work.

• Steps you took leading up to the issue
    Submit a new manuscript.

• What you tried to resolve the issue

• Screenshots

• Error log messages if applicable
    Here’s the error generated:
    Could not create folder group for context \xd9\x86\xd8\xb8\xd8\xa7\xd9\x85 \xd8\xa7\xd9\x84\xd8\xaa\xd8\xad\xd9\x83\xd9\x8a\xd9\x85\xd8\x8c \xd9\x83\xd9\x84\xd9\x8a\xd8\xa9 \xd8\xa7\xd9\x84\xd8\xaf\xd8\xb1\xd8\xa7\xd8\xb3\xd8\xa7\xd8\xaa \xd8\xa7\xd9\x84\xd8\xb9\xd9\x84\xd9\x8a\xd8\xa7\xd8\x8c \xd8\xac\xd8\xa7\xd9\x85\xd8\xb9\xd8\xa9 \xd8\xa7\xd9\x84\xd9\x83\xd9\x88\xd9\x8a\xd8\xaa on iThenticate.,

I suspect that iThenticate requires some sort of folder permissions to be set but I did not find anything in the documentation regarding which folders will be used by iThenticate. Can someone point to a direction here, please?

Thanks.

Hi @h.m,

I wrote the iThenticate plugin for OJS, but I’m afraid I’m not especially familiar with iThenticate’s permission model. What I can say is that your iThenticate credentials, as you provide them to OJS, are used to connect to the iThenticate service and create a folder group for your journal and folders for each submission as it is received. Your message says that the folder group could not be created, which is the first thing the iThenticate plugin tries to do; this suggests to me that your credentials aren’t correct (or that they don’t have enough permissions in the iThenticate service to create a folder group).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for the response. Can you tell me where does iThenticate try to create the folder group?

Hi @h.m,

I’m not sure I understand the question clearly, but here is the code in the iThenticate plugin for OJS that tries to create the folder group: plagiarism/PlagiarismPlugin.inc.php at 356b375a2d82ee9b9fe7ca3ad2859121bdc58d9a · asmecher/plagiarism · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello asmecher, not sure this is the best thread… but after configuring successfully the ithenticate plugin several months ago, I now need to make some changes to the folder connected to it, but the configuration box does not give me any option:

Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 12.53.29

I know it is a silly question, but do I look in the wrong place or is something not right? Thanks!
Lucia

Hi @lsteele,

Could you start a new thread with that question? Also, I’m not sure whether you mean the folder on the iThenticate service or in the OJS installation, so a little more information on that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.