Items_per_page and page_links values

We have a site with more than 10000 journals (http://thescientific.net) witch use ojs ver 2 CRM.
Because of large number of journals when administrator of site wants to register a new journal or wants to click on " my journals " it takes a lot of time to load list of journals and some times and
CPU of server will be 100% used for loading the large list of journals.
Is there a way to set an items_per_page and a page_links values for the list configured by the site administrator in OJS to solve this problem?

Hi @fleet3003,

We’re unlikely to make a change like that to OJS 2.x, as we’re focusing on 3.x (and didn’t anticipate a single OJS installation being used to host 10,000 journals). I’d suggest working through this as a local modification.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear asmecher
We have started a big Project with your organization software as OJS (thescientific.net) , but unfortunately we faced a big problem and now we request you to help our company and guid us. We have started a database of journal containing at least 20000 journal to upload their PDF files and the other data to help researchers around the world reachable system and database of articles. as you know some of the journals are not open access and the should pay to download the files. to upload the files we want to upload archives via XML file. and the other options for database we need to do. know our problem is here OJS is not design for that mission. what should we do? what is your suggestion? which software we need to use?
waiting your response.

Hi @fleet3003,

I’m not sure of any software that’ll handle your needs out of the box. OJS can handle large numbers of submissions, but my suspicion is that you’ll need to at least adapt the homepage to better handle such a long list of journals. It’s outside our intended use for OJS so it’s unlikely that your priorities will match ours enough that we’ll work on these changes internally, but if you do decide to proceed with OJS and think some of your design or code changes would suit the core OJS codebase, we’re always open to ideas.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team