Issue with IntlDateFormatter

I’ve recently started to experiment with OJS3.3.0-10 and noticed this error in the PHP error log:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘IntlDateFormatter’ not found in /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-10/lib/pkp/classes/notification/managerDelegate/EditorialReportNotificationManager.inc.php:158
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-10/lib/pkp/classes/notification/managerDelegate/EditorialReportNotificationManager.inc.php(86): EditorialReportNotificationManager->_getLocalizedMonthName()
#1 /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-10/lib/pkp/classes/task/StatisticsReport.inc.php(58): EditorialReportNotificationManager->initialize()
#2 /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-10/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTask.inc.php(146): StatisticsReport->executeActions()
#3 /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-10/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/acron/PKPAcronPlugin.inc.php(257): ScheduledTask->execute()
#4 [internal function]: PKPAcronPlugin->shutdownFunction()
#5 {main}
thrown in /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-10/lib/pkp/classes/notification/managerDelegate/EditorialReportNotificationManager.inc.php on line 158

I’m not sure if this issue is particular to my setup or if it affects others, but I’m passing it along just in case.
Roger

Hi @rkemp,

According to the error message, PHP intl is missing. This extension is bundled with PHP package, so, maybe, PHP was manually compiled or the extension is deliberately disabled. See, e.g.: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6242378/fatal-error-class-intldateformatter-not-found

1 Like