Issue trying to update OJS

I tried to upgrade my OJS version (actually 3.2.1.1) to 3.3.0.4 and I did the wrong backup of the database.

So, at this moment I have an OJS 3.2.1.1 with the db schema of 3.3.0.4 (I think, because in the admin area it´s showing 3.2.1.1, but into db the table files exists) and I can´t solve this situation.

I have now several issues about upgrading, common example:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘url’ in ‘field list’ (SQL: select url, navigation_menu_item_id from navigation_menu_items where context_id = 1)

I’ve searched the problem, but the common solution is not applied to me because I don´t have the right backup of my db.

Can someone help me to understand what I can do with my db do run the correct upgrade?

DB tables: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Thanks.

Do request the backup (restore) from your hosting provider. Your hosting provider able to do that.

After restored you must backup and do upgrade version ojs.

Hi @cesarvelame,

I’ll see if I can get one of our team members to weigh in further on your situation, but just a heads up that 3.3.0.5 was released recently - OJS/OMP/OPS 3.3.0-5 Released, which contains a critical security fix, so you may want to consider upgrading to that version (although, I realize that might complicate your situation further).

-Roger
PKP Team

We did a mistake and can´t restore the DB anymore.

This is what I’m trying to do, but no success because our DB have changes from the last wrong upgrade.

I need just to find a way to fix the DB to do the right upgrade.

Thanks.

Yes brother. You make mistake.

But hosting provider or pc server able to restore your data. Maybe not 100 percent.

The best way to upgrade ojs is upgrade one by one all version until the last version. This make your database structure following the changing

Hi @cesarvelame,

When you first tried to upgrade the system, do you know what the error message that you encountered during upgrade was? (This will establish during which step the upgrade failed, and thus what the status of your database is.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

First we saw the “array” problem in some titles, so we put the old folder in production, but forgot the DB. Now we have a 3.2.1.1 with a 3.3.0.4 DB (I think).

Hi @cesarvelame,

If you tried an upgrade to 3.3.0-x but it still shows 3.2.x in the admin area, then a problem occurred during the upgrade and it didn’t complete successfully. Finding that error message is the easiest way to determine how far along the upgrade was when it encountered a failure.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

A post was split to a new topic: Issue XML import