ISBN, CrossRef plugin

We have one journal that issued some separate publications that do have ISBN instead of ISSN. But, we have to define ISSN in OJS for that publication. Is there any workaround for such cases if we want to assign DOI for it?

Thanks

Hi @vvucic

Do you mean the Crossref xml element issn in the journal_metadata element?
I am not sure how to correctly proceed with that – I am not sure it would be possible in the Crossref XML, because they validate that journal ISSN element. Could you maybe ask Crossref support?

Best,
Bozana

The editor’s idea is that publications issued by the journal should be published on line together with the journal articles. Thus, that publication which is let say monograph or proceedings from the journal’s conference is planned to be published on line and DOI should be assigned to it using OJS. But, that publication does not have ISSN since it is not journal itself. Instead ISBN is assigned to that publication.
Well, my question is how to manage that since in XML there will be ISSN that belongs to that journal instead.
Please advise.

Thanks,

Hi @vvucic

And the problem is the Crossref XML export/registration?
I think the XML for such a publication can only be adapted/changed and thus registered manually – all articles/publications in OJS are per default assumed to be articles belonging to that journal.
(I also do not know how Crossref would like to have it registered – as book or proceeding?).

Best,
Bozana

Maybe I should ask them what to do? Is that your suggestion?
I do not mind to change XML manually if that is OK with them.

Thanks

Hi @vvucic

Yes, I would ask Crossref how you should register those publications – could you assume them to be as other articles of that journal, or would they need other metadata i.e. XML elements, etc.

Best,
Bozana

Yes, I have done that. I will let you know about their answer.

Thanks