Is this a bad bug ?! Authors could remove article component files

Hi @bozana, @israel.cefrin, @asmecher
I think this is a bad bug, cause authors by using “Pre-Review Discussions Box” can click on “Add discussion” and attached file so, OJS let him to remove or replace Main original component files easily !
I don’t know, but i believe this is a bad bug, cause when authors click on accept & finish on Step 4, Ojs system declares to the user that they no longer have the right to change the files and replace them
and if it is sure of the correctness of the cases, it will confirm !

Please share idea

1 Like

Hi @mbabaei,

If an author uploads a file under in the pre-review discussion, the file will not be added to the Submission Files. The only way for a new file to be uploaded to Submission Files after the submission is complete is for an editor to upload a file.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Please test this subject @astevens
Authors could remove submission Originally Files !

Hi @mbabaei,

I have tested this and it is not possible in my installation of OJS.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello,

as @mbabaei I think that this is an undesired behavior of the system. Authors shouldn’t be able to edit Pre-Review Discussions generated at submission time, as for example “Comments for the Editor”, nor editing attached files during submission.

Further discussions, that editor or author may start after submission could be edited. But let me say that, in general, I don’t see what’s the point in allowing a posteriori modifications to messages that authors have chosen to record (at any stage). This can generate all kinds of confusions.

Regards,
Ezequiel