Is there a way to retroactively apply changes to usage events?

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
In a previous request (which I subsequently deleted), I mentioned that I was having issues filtering bots after having updated the counterBots library in our OJS installs. However, I have found that bots are being filtered properly from usage stats. However, this fix doesn’t seem to retroactively apply to stats prior to the applying of the update to the counterBots library. Is there any way to rerun historic stats with the new bots being filtered out of that usage?

Steps I took leading up to the issue:

• Updated counterBots library in OJS installs

• Clear cache

• Rerun stats to ensure bots are being filtered properly (stats for usage after applying the changes to the updated counterBots library are properly filtered. stats from before applying the change to the counterBots still show bot usage in usage stats (specifically journal main page views).

What I tried to resolve the issue:

• Ran a script to add the bot flag to matching lines (containing the user agent “Zabbix”)

• Reran report for historic usage (bots still being counted in historic numbers)

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:
3.2.1-4

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

A colleague of mine shared this answer with me. For any who might be interested, you can find the answer here:

https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/admin-guide/en/statistics#reprocessing-log-files

1 Like