Is there a download counter of the PDFs in OJS?

@Tiziano,

Where are you looking at to check the stats you are talking about here? The stats and reports page should be the place to go to check all available statistics. If you are looking at the editorial pages, then yes, only the galley downloads number will be available.

Cheers,
Bruno

Hi @beghelli!
The page i’m talking about is the editorial page “summary”. in attached an image explaining what i’m talking about.

In editorial page “editing” the number of download galleys is present instead. How i can show the abstract views? Is there some technical problem?!

Bye
Tiziano

@Tiziano,

Sorry, forgot about this one. You’re right, you should see something there. Can you send me a link to the abstract page of the submission in question?

Thanks,
Bruno

Hi @beghelli, i can not send link of the page submission in question, because you are not registered in the journal system, and we can not register you as editor. The only thing that i can do, is make a screeen shot of the page in question. The problem is that the OJS system does not count the abstract views. What is more, abstract views are oddly counted in a journal, ex. they are counted in issue 1, not counted in issues 2 and 3, and counted again in issue 4. In other words, there’s no continuity in counting.

Thanks
Bye
Tiziano

@Tiziano, I meant the public page…

ok, this:

http://www.agroengineering.org/index.php/jae/article/view/jae.2015.437

I can’t see any problem, not sure why the abstract numbers are not appearing. Can you check the usage stats scheduled task log file? It should be inside your files dir, under scheduledTaskLogs folder, something starting with this: Usagestatisticsfileloadertask-

Get the most recent one and paste it here please…

Thanks,
Bruno

@beghelli

Hi! Ok, in the file it was these row

http://www.agroengineering.org
[2015-11-10 03:54:37] [Notice] Task process started.
[2015-11-10 03:55:03] [Notice] File /var/www/vhosts/agroengineering.org/files/usageStats/processing/usage_events_20151109.log was processed and archived.
[2015-11-10 03:55:03] [Notice] Task process stopped.

@Tiziano,

Sorry the long delay. If you’re still having the same issue, can you send me the /var/www/vhosts/agroengineering.org/files/usageStats/processing/usage_events_20151109.log file? I will check if there’s any entry there that’s related to any abstract page access.

Thanks,
Bruno

Hi Bruno! Yes i’m have the same issue, how can send you the log file?

Bye
Tiziano

@Tiziano,

I see many entries there that represents article abstract access, and not only bots, but real people.

The article www.agroengineering.org/index.php/jae/article/view/jae.2011.4.9, for example, has lots of abstract views in that file you sent me.

I am guessing that might be a problem with the processing of the stats with the kind of public identifier you have. I will setup something similar here and test it.

I will let you know.

Thanks,
Bruno

Many thanks Bruno, i will wait news from you.

Bye
Tiziano

@Tiziano,

Sorry the delay, I’ve confirmed the problem with the public identifier in stats processing, and I am working fixing it. Don’t worry, when it’s fixed you will be able to process all your log files and no stats is lost. I will let you know.

Thanks,
Bruno

Hi Bruno!
Wow this is awesome! Many thanks Bruno! :fireworks:

Bye
Tiziano

@Tiziano,

It’s fixed. You can apply this patch: https://github.com/pkp/ojs/commit/053cf88c60b1ff4c3fb849dbd13f3eabac331e76.diff

After applied, you can reprocess all your log files to see the stats. It should work now. Let me know if anything is still not working.

Thanks,
Bruno

Hi Bruno, i applied your patch and it has worked!!! Now OJS shows me the views for all articles into system. Many thanks for your help, so what was the problem?!?! :neutral_face:

@Tiziano,

I tried to optimize the stats processing skipping lines that had an url accessing directly files with extensions other than PHP. The public identifiers you were using had dots, so PHP was understanding them as file extensions and the processing task was avoiding those entries.

I removed that “optimization” (I think it doesn’t make much difference anyway) and now it’s working, as you already noticed.

Anyway, another good example that premature optimization is the root of all evil :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for your report,
Bruno

@beghelli

Ahahah :joy:

Beghelli
Yes there is a download counter there, however, how can I make it public?
I can only open this statistic when I am logging, without logging I cannot see this statistic.
I use OJS 2, see this dinamika.unram.ac.id, but I cannot make the reports public.
I expect that every body can see the report.
Many thanks