Is there a download counter of the PDFs in OJS?

@desarrollo,

Make sure to check this FAQ: My published file views or statistics reports shows no data. What do I do?

Let me know here if the instructions there were of any help to you, if not, we can continue debugging here.

Cheers,
Bruno

Hello @beghelli Bruno,
Thanks for all your help…I have already corrected the base url and saved the changes, I entered to the files usageStats/archive folder and usageStats/reject, I found there were some archives on it but it still no shows the views…

Other thing is i run the query and it showed entries so I guess stats processing is working, besides I checked the permissions and assured the user got it all, but I dont know why I cannot see the views, they are in 0

Hello @beghelli Bruno,
Thanks for all your help…I have already corrected the base url and saved the changes, I entered to the files usageStats/archive folder and usageStats/reject, I found there were some archives on it but it still no shows the views…

Other thing is i run the query and it showed entries so I guess stats processing is working, besides I checked the permissions and assured the user got it all, but I dont know why I cannot see the views, they are in 0

Hi @desarrollo,

If you fixed the base url setting yesterday, today you should see more stats coming from the processing.

The galley file in question, can you get it’s id? If you can, then you can run this sql query and check if there’s data about it:

SELECT * FROM metrics WHERE assoc_id = ? AND assoc_type = 261;

Replace the ? by your galley file id.

If you have stats data and if your files are being moved to the archive folder the it’s probable that the galley file was never downloaded via the article page. You can confirm that any download there will be counted downloading the file and waiting at least one full day and check again the Views column, or applying the query above.

Cheers,
Bruno

Only one question: is everything you wrote here still relevant?
Kind regards,
kopi

@kopi,

That depends. If you have problems getting the statistics in OJS, probably you should follow this question instead: My published file views or statistics reports shows no data. What do I do?

Regards,
Bruno

Okay, thank you!
Our IT support said the base_URL is the right one.
They found out, that since 11th November 2014 no “Usage Events” are generated any more. Statistics are available for the time before that date, but nothing for the time since then.
Do you have an idea what can be wrong?
Best regards!
kopi

@kopi,

I’ve updated the FAQ I sent you last message. Please, read the first paragraph (it’s the only thing that’s new). I think that might help you.

Thanks for helping improving the FAQ. :smile:

Bruno

@Bruno,

thanks a lot!
Still, I think I cannot solve the problem. The point “create log files” setting under the usage statistics settings page is checked!

I don’t know what else can be the problem because we obviously get no more “usage events” since November 2014. So a new OJS version or something cannot be the reason. Also, regarding things which are set by default - nobody would change them except if I told him :smile:
Do you have any other idea?

…Acutally, I don’t know what you mean by this: “server access log files”. Where can I find the settings?

Best regards!
kopi

@kopi,

Are you sure you don’t have a folder permission problem? Also, do you have access to your server php log? If yes, can you search for errors there?

Another thing we can do is to make sure that the plugins are correctly registered looking at the database. Please, run this query:

SELECT * FROM versions WHERE product = 'usageevent';

And also:

SELECT * FROM versions WHERE product = 'usagestats';

Both should return an entry, paste them here if you can.

Thanks,
Bruno

Hi @beghelli i followed every step and my stats work, but, unlike what happen to others, my OJS installation doesn’t show me the abstract views – which should instead –, but it shows me only the no. of downloaded galleys. The usage statistics generic plugins is enabled, the usage statistics settings page is checked and files are present in usageStats folder. Do you have an idea what can be wrong?

Thanks
Bruno!

@Tiziano,

Where are you looking at to check the stats you are talking about here? The stats and reports page should be the place to go to check all available statistics. If you are looking at the editorial pages, then yes, only the galley downloads number will be available.

Cheers,
Bruno

Hi @beghelli!
The page i’m talking about is the editorial page “summary”. in attached an image explaining what i’m talking about.

In editorial page “editing” the number of download galleys is present instead. How i can show the abstract views? Is there some technical problem?!

Bye
Tiziano

@Tiziano,

Sorry, forgot about this one. You’re right, you should see something there. Can you send me a link to the abstract page of the submission in question?

Thanks,
Bruno

Hi @beghelli, i can not send link of the page submission in question, because you are not registered in the journal system, and we can not register you as editor. The only thing that i can do, is make a screeen shot of the page in question. The problem is that the OJS system does not count the abstract views. What is more, abstract views are oddly counted in a journal, ex. they are counted in issue 1, not counted in issues 2 and 3, and counted again in issue 4. In other words, there’s no continuity in counting.

Thanks
Bye
Tiziano

@Tiziano, I meant the public page…

ok, this:

http://www.agroengineering.org/index.php/jae/article/view/jae.2015.437

I can’t see any problem, not sure why the abstract numbers are not appearing. Can you check the usage stats scheduled task log file? It should be inside your files dir, under scheduledTaskLogs folder, something starting with this: Usagestatisticsfileloadertask-

Get the most recent one and paste it here please…

Thanks,
Bruno

@beghelli

Hi! Ok, in the file it was these row

http://www.agroengineering.org
[2015-11-10 03:54:37] [Notice] Task process started.
[2015-11-10 03:55:03] [Notice] File /var/www/vhosts/agroengineering.org/files/usageStats/processing/usage_events_20151109.log was processed and archived.
[2015-11-10 03:55:03] [Notice] Task process stopped.

@Tiziano,

Sorry the long delay. If you’re still having the same issue, can you send me the /var/www/vhosts/agroengineering.org/files/usageStats/processing/usage_events_20151109.log file? I will check if there’s any entry there that’s related to any abstract page access.

Thanks,
Bruno