Is it possible to add custom fields?

I use Open Conference Systems 2.3.6 and I need to store some additional data belongs to participants. These data has two types: text and list item (can be rendered as a dropdown list or as a group of radio buttons). Is it possible to add some custom fields to store these data?

I’ve read docs/ and OCS in an Hour as well as search through this forum but I didn’t find any useful advice.

If it’s possible, could you please say how to add these fields?

Sorry a lot @shoorick but OCS was finally discontinued last year or so. :frowning:

It means there is no suport and no security updates so any system built over OCS will be insecure.

OCS fellows moved to OJS (playing a little with the lang files to fit better in the conference context) or started to use alternative free software as indico.

Cheers,
m.

1 Like

Hi @shoorick,

Just to add a bit to what @marc, has mentioned, we have had some folks use OJS as a complete editorial workflow for managing submission, peer review, and publishing that is flexible enough to be used for conference proceedings.
Here is an example of an organization that uses OJS to publish their conference proceedings: CMBES Proceedings.

But as Marc notes you can then use a separate tool to manage conference registration, scheduling, and other functions.

-Roger
PKP Team

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve read that OCS was discontinued but I suppose that small tweaks can be implemented easier than migrating to OJS or even Indico which is completely unknown to me.

you can then use a separate tool to manage conference registration, scheduling, and other functions

So, negative result is a result too. OK, thanks.