Integration Fidus Writer/OJS

Hi,

After installing Fiduswriter plugin,I need to enter API URL and key in setting part. Could anyone tell me where I can find them? Thank you so much.

Hi @M-FW,

Fiduswriter is an open source project and you need an working installation of that system to be able to use the plugin in OJS. Related to how you get the API key, I’ve never used FidusWriter myself, but I think it would be easy to find it once you have the system running.

Cheers,
Bruno

Thanks @beghelli ,
I installed and run Fidus Writer but unfortunately couldn’t find it !!
Maybe it’s just hidden somewhere…

I think that @asmecher can help you here with some info.

Cheers,
Bruno

1 Like

Hi @M-FW,

Johannes from FidusWriter may be able to help you with this. I believe that the patch for FidusWriter to support the OJS proof of concept added a simple API, and the URL to that is what the FidusWriter plugin for OJS needs in order to contact FidusWriter.

Note that this is a proof of concept, and definitely not ready for production use; getting it to a production state will require both some OJS development and some FidusWriter development.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks

I couldn’t find the answer to my question yet , therefore I decided to switch from version 3.0 to the Fiduswriter version 1.0 which worked with OJS . Now my question is do you know which version of OJS worked with Fiduswriter at that time ?
Actually I couln’t find it in your interview “(http://www.fiduswriter.org/2014/01/20/fidus-writer-and-the-open-journal-systems/)”.

Best Regards

Hi @M-FW,

The plugin isn’t strongly linked to a specific release of OJS; I would’ve been working with OJS 2.4.6 or so, but I don’t think there will be compatibility problems with newer releases of OJS 2.4.x.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

I know that demo was only for proof of the concept , but actually I am looking for missed part in between to fix it. my question regard to video of demo is that it is exactly the result of running code of fiduswriter (ojs-fidus) and Plugin or it is something like prototype to show your idea and the functionality ? at that time was the code and plugin work? by installing and running them can I hope to see what you had done in video or not ? I know that it needs development.
[ I asked because (Journal.sfu.ca/fidus/ ) which you showed in video doesn’t depend on fiduswriter and ojs (I mean it doesn’t need to install them ). ]

Hi @M-FW,

Johannes at FidusWriter and I teamed up to each tackle a different piece of the integration. I had to write a plugin for OJS to demonstrate the potential for integration, and Johannes’s team had to integrate a simple API to be able to communicate with the OJS plugin. They hosted FidusWriter and I ran my own local copy of OJS to communicate with it. The video of the demo was made using that – the OJS plugin available in the github repository, and FidusWriter with (I believe) a small patch or two that you’ve already been provided.

Does that help? I’m not sure I answered your question.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

From: GitHub - OSCOSS/OJS-Authoring-Integration-plugin: Plugin for OJS to work with online Authoring tools

#####4.To Activate on the Editor end:

Set the OJS_URL to the base URL of your OJS installation (for example: “http://www.myojssite.com”).

Set the OJS_KEY to “d5PW586jwefjn!3fv”.

In the case of Fidus Writer, these settings are in the configuration.php file in the section SERVER_INFO.

Hope this helps?