Installation of PKP PLN plugin in OJS 3.0.2

I want to activate the PKP PLN plugin in the OJS system of our journal but I am unable to find it in the generic plugin library. The version of OJS is 3.0.2.0 (July 1, 2017 - 08:49 PM).

Can anyone pleas guide that how to add this plugin manually by installing it in our current OJS.

Kindly facilitate.
Regards. Sulaman
sulman.siddiqui@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi @sulaman,

The PKP PLN plugin has not yet been released for OJS 3.x. Watch the PKP blog for its release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Alec, greetings.
Thank you for the updates. I am so sorry to hear this news because we need to submit our journal to DOAJ but it requires that the journal should be registered with LOCKSS. Dr Reich mentioned me that the PKP PLN plugin can resolve the issue.

Can you please help me ascertain about how much time will it take to release it. Kindly facilitate.
Many thanks and regards. Sulaman

Hi @sulaman, I do not think that having LOCKSS is a requirement for DOAJ. They just “strongly recommend” that you have a solution for long term archiving. See https://doaj.org/publishers#pubmem where the basic requirements are marked with red.

Hi ajnygy, thank you for the kind guidance. LOCKSS is actually a requirement for the DOAJ Seal for Open Access Journals as mentioned in their online application form.

Also LOCKSS is a free facility along with better visibility and preservation of the online content.

I request and hope that forum may please facilitate the release of the plugin for OJS 3.x.
Profound regards. Sulaman

Ok, but applying to DOAJ and getting the seal status are two different things. You can get in to DOAJ even if you do not meet the requirements for the seal. Of course the things they require for the seal are things that every journal should aim to do, no question there. But you could apply to DOAJ now and fil the requirements for the seal later.

see: https://doaj.org/publishers#noseal

Yes, surely I will apply all second best alternatives.

Yet I would be grateful if my request for early release of PKP PLN plugin be considered please. This will be a great facilitation and technical support indeed for OJS 3.x users. @asmecher @ajnyga

Dear @asmecher, may you please share updates regarding release of PKP PLN plugin for OJS 3.x?

Hi @sulaman,

The plugin is currently undergoing testing – i.e. the coding is substantively complete – and it’ll be released as soon as it’s ready. I don’t currently have a clear date, but it shouldn’t be long.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher, many thanks for the kind updates. I and many colleagues are looking forward to hear good news soon.

Hi @asmecher, greetings.
I and my colleagues look forward to hearing updates about release of PKP PLN plugin for OJS 3.x. Hoping for good news.

Regards. Sulaman

Hi @asmecher I would be grateful if you can please update about PKP PLN plugin for OJS 3.0.2.

Regards.

Hi @sulaman,

News will be posted on the PKP blog when it’s available.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher, thank you for the kind updates. I and many colleagues are only looking forward to an expected duration for the release of PKP PLN. Your kind guidance would help many to plan accordingly.

Profound regards. Sulaman

Hi @asmecher @ajnyga, greetings.
I am looking forward to hear about PKP PLN plugin for OJS 3.x. Kindly update for any possible time frame.

Regards. Sulaman

Hi @sulaman,

As above, news will be posted on the PKP blog when it’s available.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, greetings. I would be grateful if you can share an update about release of PKP PN plug in for OJS 3.0.2. This link https://pkp.sfu.ca/pkp-lockss/#joining mentions that any OJS version 2.4.8 or higher has the capacity to integrate its journals content with LOCKSS for digital preservation.

Looking forward to hear positive from you. Best regards. Sulaman

Hi @sulaman,

We’ve completed our first-phase testing on the OJS 3 plugin and are about to move on to testing it on some locally hosted OJS instances before releasing it to the general community. We hope to have that second-phase testing done by end of March at the latest. Once that is complete, we will deploy the PN plugin via the OJS 3 Plugin Gallery.

Mark
PKP Team

1 Like

Hi Mark @mjordan, thank you indeed for the kind and specific updates. I hope the PKP users will enjoy the facilitation by OJS team by end of March. Wishing all those involved the best.

Regards. Sulaman

1 Like

Hi!!
When will the OJS pluging for PKP-PLN be available? (for OJS 3.1.0.1)
Regards
Manoli