Installation error ojs 3.1.2 - hosting linux + db mysql

good morning and thank you all for the time you will devote to me.
I have never installed OJS 3.1.2 except locally on my mac book pro, without any difficulty.
i am trying to install it on linux aruba hosting, with php set to 7.3 and a mysql db.
I moved the package via ftp to the root of my web space, when I open the site to perform the installation I get these errors:Schermata 2020-08-01 alle 09.21.54

Warning : require_once(/web/htdocs/www.simonamazzarini.it/home/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/feature/OrderCategoryGridItemsFeature.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.simonamazzarini.it/home/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 25

Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/web/htdocs/www.simonamazzarini.it/home/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/feature/OrderCategoryGridItemsFeature.inc.php’ (include_path=’.:/php7.3/lib/php’) in /web/htdocs/www.simonamazzarini.it/home/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 25

the same problem is given even if I install it in a subfolder of the site and if I install it in the main root.
can you help me understand why?
thank you very much

Hi @simgiallorosso,

Is the file listed in the error message missing?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

no they are present

i have try to install an holder version 3.0 but i have the same problem

Hi @simgiallorosso,

Just to be clear, you checked for the file lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/feature/OrderCategoryGridItemsFeature.inc.php in your OJS installation directory and it existed?

I don’t recommend going to an older version – the latest should work.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Absolutely yes, I downloaded the installation package zipped .dezipper on my desktop and uploaded it in space. There Was this file in the folder

Hi @simgiallorosso,

The error message says the file is missing in the server, and I’ve never seen another cause for that message – I’d suggest double-checking, making sure that the filename’s capitalization is consistent etc.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, it must be something unusual about your server, and there’s not much I can suggest from here!

Regards,
Alec Smecher

the file is presente in my local root and it is present in the server root.
Schermata 2020-08-02 alle 06.31.47

this are the system information of my webserver on www.aruba.it

Informazioni di sistema

Impostazione Valore
PHP attivo su Linux webxc240s03.ad.aruba.it 3.10.0-1127.10.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Jun 3 14:28:03 UTC 2020 x86_64
Database Type mysql
Versione database 5.5.62-38.14-log
Collation database utf8_general_ci
Collation connessione database utf8mb4_general_ci
Versione PHP 7.3.17
Web Server Apache
WebServer interfaccia PHP

Hi @simgiallorosso,

Are you using the Turkish locale?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I don 't know what is the turkish locale

Hi @simgiallorosso,

Are you using OJS in the Turkish language?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

i downloaded this
http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/download/ojs-3.2.1-1.tar.gz

the language is not Turkish to me. plus I’m Italian. locally I installed it without problems and I chose the Italian language. online on the aruba server, I don’t really get to the installation page

I noticed one thing. the installation package claims to be 40 megs. once sent to disk created 160 megs.
How is it possible?

look the error http://www.simonamazzarini.it/ojs/

but the hosting where to install the ojs can be a linux hosting or do you need a windows hosting?

the problem is on the server.

i have upload the ojs packet to another aruba server hosting linux+windows and the installation works correctly

https://www.i4ccs.com/ojs

1 Like

small update:

you were right, the files were not there

the problem is that although it appears that the ftp client is actually writing files for the lib folder and all subfolders and files it does not send them to the server.
therefore there are always files in the lib folder.

I entered them manually, one by one, an infinite thing.

now it does not give the error of before the files were missing but error 500 amq.aiqua.it/ojs

1 Like

Hi @simgiallorosso,

Uploading the files one by one would have been a horrific amount of work! Some FTP clients will take care of recursive file transfers – maybe try another one?

If you’re getting a 500 error, check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I solved it by uploading the package directly to Aruba support.
now I’m ready to install.
http://amq.aiqua.it/ojs/index.php/index/install/install

however, I get an error on the path of the folder where the uploaded files will be saved.

File Settings
Directory for uploads
Enter full pathname to an existing directory where uploaded files are to be kept. This directory should not be directly web-accessible. Please ensure that this directory exists and is writable prior to installation. Windows path names should use forward slashes, e.g. “C: / myjournal / files”.

I therefore created a files folder inside the joomla root on amq.aiqua.it.
I gave him chmod 777 permits

I put this path:

http://amq.aiqua.it/files

but it tells me it’s wrong:

Errors occurred during installation
The directory specified for uploaded files does not exist or is not writable.

what path does this folder I created have?
how do i reach it?

Hi @simgiallorosso,

The files directory should be a local path (e.g. something like /home/myuser/ojs_files), not a HTTP URL – and it should definitely not be a path to something inside the web root, as that’s an unsafe configuration. Also note that 777 permissions are never necessary or safe to use, though they can be useful for debugging.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

/web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/files/ is correct!

but I have only the web root as available space.
I have no other place to create a folder to save files.
how can I do?