Installation error ojs-2.4.8-5

Errors occurred during installation:
A database error has occurred: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'groups ( group_id BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, assoc_type ’ at line 1

ojs-2.4.8-5

Installing version OJS-2.4.8-5 on php 7.4, MYSQL 8, Ubuntu 20.04 for later upgrading to OJS-3.2.1.

Note: OJS-3.2.1 is working perfectly on the same configuration.

Hi @shantanusingh,

OJS 2.x is old enough that I wouldn’t be surprised if some kind of platform incompatibility has crept in. Can you describe what you’re using the OJS 2.x upgrade process for? Perhaps there is another way to accomplish it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for your attention:-

Actually original OJS (epubs.icar.org.in/ejournal) site is running on 2.x version and I want to upgrade in 3.x version.

For trial, first I want to host 2.x version on php 7.4, MYSQL 8, Ubuntu 20.04 then upgrade in 3.x version and if everything is ok then original OJS site will upgrade in 3.x version.

Simply I configured my sever and then OJS 2.x file will install in www folder and everything is running normal but after submitting Admin login username, password, database username, password and database name above error appear. After error I checked my database, database is created but OJS 2.x hosting is not successful.

Hi @shantanusingh,

There’s no need to install OJS 2.x first in order to run the upgrade on your local machine. Just bring across the files directory (files_dir in config.inc.php) and database to your machine, then follow the upgrade instructions in the 3.x package.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Errors occurred during upgradation:
i am upgrading my ojs-2.4.8-5 to 3.1.1, everything is fine but after upgrade admin pannel menue (Issue, setting, user & roles) not working. please help

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in D:\wamp64\www\ojs-2.4.8-5\lib\pkp\classes\install\form\InstallForm.inc.php on line 149

i renamed the groups table to something in the file: \lib\pkp\xml\schema\groups.xml
After the upgrade is complete I proceed to rename the table in mysql to groups :smiley:

gr