Install Plugin (theme) Error in Subdomain

I have recently installed OJS 3.2.1.1 in a subdomain (i.e: ojs.mydomain.com).
Now, tried to install a plugin (theme: [Manuscript (Default child theme)]) from plugin gallery, but it gives a error/notification message like:

The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.

Instead i have manually put a zip file to cpanel on the folder: ojs.mydomain.com/plugins/themes, named CLASSIC THEME
Extract that and give 755 permission to the whole folder.

After that, i have also get that theme to the installed plugin list, from there i checked the box to enable it.
But, still in the APPEARANCE > THEME dropdown list, this classic theme is not shown, only the default theme is shown.

However, i have again put an external CSS APPEARANCE > ADVANCED option, but also no reflection of that as well.

Hi @iftee_iit,

There are plugin installation steps besides just unpacking the file, and I suspect those haven’t been completed in your installation. I’d suggest working on fixing the plugin gallery installation of the theme. There are other threads in this forum describing some things to try.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Initially, I tried to install plugins from dashboard. But it gives the error.
How to resolve that?

Hi @iftee_iit,

If attempting to install a plugin via the Plugin Gallery gives you a message…

The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.

…then the likeliest cause is that your tar tool is not correctly configured in config.inc.php. Review the configuration there. If you’re not sure how to configure this, you might need to browse other threads in this forum on the subject.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team