Install OJS on WIX website

I create a Journal website with WIX website. How can I install OJS 3 (open journal system) on my WIX website as a page of submission?

Hi @Pooya_Nekooei,

Wix does not support PHP (the programming language OJS is written in). You will not be able to use Wix to run OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply , what about WordPress ?
Can I transfer my website to word press then install OJS 3 on my website as a submission page ?
If yes could you please give me the process that I can install OJS 3 on word press website

Hi @Pooya_Nekooei,

Do you mean Wordpress the open-source software, or wordpress.com the web site?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Either one. Can you please suggest me any website builder who can support OJS 3

Hi @Pooya_Nekooei,

This is more of a general web hosting question, but briefly, you need a web server that you can install your own PHP application on. Wordpress.com is not one of these. You could get e.g. a Godaddy account or similar, which I understand will run Wordpress (the software) and/or OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello Sir
I downloaded and install Wordpress the open-source software (Wordpress.org) on my windows. I create my website in it . now can you help me to install OJS 3 on my submission page of my website

Wordpress and OJS are independent of each other. You can easily install one or the other, but if you want to install them together, you will have additional complications.

Best practice would be to install them in separate directories, or in separate subdomains, and link from one to the other.