Install OJS on website

I want to install ojs (open journal system) on my website as a page of submission how can I do that, please?

Hi @adnan

You are able to install OJS in a subfolder of your site, it is not required that OJS runs on a root webfolder. If you want only accept submissions and not publish through system it is also possible, you will need set this option on following path (logged on admin panel:
Settings > Distribution > Access(tab)

Check “OJS will not be used to publish the journal’s contents online.” option, and press “save” button

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @israel.cefrin
Than u very much
I added a subfolder in the file manager and upload ojs at it, but it did not appear in the Dashboard?
can u tell me the steps, step by step I am new in cpanel of hosting, also I can not upload to Wordpress

Hi @adnan

Which dashboard are you talking about? Wordpress dashboard?
OJS won’t appear on it, you will have to handle it on CPANEL or directly on server file system (SSH session).

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Thank you @israel.cefrin
Be patient with me, I added it to the file manager, but how can I to link it to WordPress I needed to be a page in the WP? public_html/ojs2

Thank you @israel.cefrin
Be patient with me, I added it to the file manager, but how can I link it to WordPress I needed to be a page in the WP? public_html/ojs2

Hi @adnan

If your wordpress is installed on your webroot folder (i.e. public_html) and your OJS is on a subfolder like ojs2 (public_html/ojs2) then you will need create a link on your WordPress menu to http://www.yourdomain.com/ojs2

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Hi@israel.cefrin

Thank you for your patience with me. I have tried several times and in different ways to connect ojs with wp and I have not succeeded. What is your suggestion?
I used same the like with folder of ojs in custom link?

Hi @adnan

Have you checked your webserver error log? Error 500 is usually regard to some script that webserver couldn’t handle.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Hi@srael.cefrin
Thank you
can u tell me where is the error? please

Hi @adnan

These messages are all related to warning not errors, please look for “error” pattern on your log.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Hi@israel.cefrin
Thank u for all
What does this message mean? after open ojs on page to install it
Errors occurred during installation
A database error has occurred: Unknown MySQL server host ‘http://www.bjdar.net’ (2)

Hi @adnan

Have you checked if you are using localhost as MySQl database Host on config,inc.php file?
Regards,
Israel Cefrin