Install OJS in Fastcomet

I attempted installing the OJS application in FastComet server, however, upon filling in the necessary Admin and Database credentials and clicking Install, an HTTP 500 error is being displayed which logs the following error message:

[01-May-2019 02:41:13 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/acadvanc/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:456
Stack trace:
#0 /home/acadvanc/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php(558): ADODB_mysql->_connect(‘localhost’, ‘(removed)’, ‘(removed)’, ‘acadvanc_db’)
#1 /home/acadvanc/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(151): ADOConnection->Connect(‘localhost’, ‘(removed)’, ‘(removed)’, ‘acadvanc_db’, false)
#2 /home/acadvanc/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(126): DBConnection->connect()
#3 /home/acadvanc/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(113): DBConnection->initConn()
#4 /home/acadvanc/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(55): DBConnection->initCustomDBConnection(‘mysql’, ‘localhost’, ‘(removed)’, ‘(removed)’, ‘acadvanc_db’, false, false)
#5 /home/acadvanc/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/PKPInstall.inc.php(76): DBConnection->__construct(‘mysql’, ‘localhost’, ‘(removed)’, ‘(removed)’, 'acadv in /home/acadvanc/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 456

I also attempted installing the application using all available PHP versions, however, the issue persists regardless of this.

Please help me with this solution.

Best Regards,

Hi @sharifsks,

Be careful when posting stack traces – your post contained database credentials! Please change your database password immediately (and any other account that may have shared those credentials).

To resolve the original problem you posted, use the MySQLi driver instead of MySQL.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

errorOJS

If I am using MySQL only found an http error 500 …

Please help me out… I have tried to resolve this issue from many of days…

Regards
Ahmed