Install error on GOdaddy Plesk

My first time to attempt installing the software, I need to install on Windows based platform hosted at godaddy -

My issue is a db access denied message, most likely because the db user is on a different domain than the database (i.e.:database is at 123.12.12.12 and user is at dbuser@123.10.10.10)

How can I configure this so the install will run? is it possible to edit a file and run the install without the UI?

Thanks in advance, Monyque

Hi @monyque,

At what stage of the installation process do you get an error message, and what is the exact message?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Tema

Thanks for your response,

Exact message is:

Access denied for user ‘ojsdbadmin’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

I cannot run the install.php command on their shared windows hosting as they do not provide any kind of command line access, after this issue along with others - we have decided to move over to a linux based hosting platform (where I expect the installation to be fine). So don’t spend a ton of effort trying to provide a solution.

Hi @monyque,

Did you get this message when you hit the “install” button? Under “Database Settings” on the installation form, did you enter the IP address for the database server?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

yes on the install button,

if i enter the database ip I get the message, I also get it if I leave the ip blank.

Hi @monyque,

And just to confirm, is the “localhost” part of the error message still accurate if you enter another hostname?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Sorry no, if I enter a host name then that appears after the @ but then I get a timeout instead of an authentication error

Hi @monyque,

It’s likely that the installation process is working, but gets halted by your web server because the request time exceeds the limit (often configured as 30 seconds or similar). If you’re in the process of switching over to a Linux-based server, see if that helps.

Regards,
Alec Smecher