Import/Export: Unable to import extremely large exported XML files ranging from 77-410MB

Hi All, I am in the process of transferring issues to another instance of OJS and have successfully exported and imported 7 out of 10 issues. For some reason or another - three issues seem to be causing an error when importing. The thing that I noticed was the size of these files, most over 100MB and one even 410MB. How can I reduce the size of these XML files and why are these three so large when compared to the others? Was there a period of time when OJS issues published under a specific version created abnormally large XML files? This issue only occurs with three issues out of the 10 - the others export and import no problem - any ideas what this could be?

increased server filesize limit to 500MB

Application Version - OJS 3.1.2:

No messages, just a blank import tab.

Hi @Matthew_Doyle,

You files don’t seem quite as big as this instance, but this post suggests using the command line import option might be a better way to go (and possibly changing some of your PHP configuration): Native XML Plugin: - Import files > 1GB - #2 by asmecher

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Thank you - I will give that a try.