Images reverting, can't update images

I’m using Open Journal Systems 3.3.0.5

Whenever I upload an image (banner, background, logo, cover art) the image will save appropriately, however if I try to change the image it will not update, and always reverts to the previous image.

For example, I accidentally uploaded the wrong cover art for an article, and now I can’t upload the correct cover. I can delete the cover and publish without the cover; but if I try to upload the correct cover (via Publication > Issue > Cover Image > Upload File) when published it still shows the wrong cover even though it’s been deleted. Yes I am making sure to hit “Save” at the bottom of the form.

The same thing happens with images anywhere else in the journal. Another example; I uploaded a journal logo (Website > Appearance > Setup > Logo > Upload File). The logo was too large so I deleted and uploaded a new one, but the old logo still shows. Again, yes I am making sure to hit “Save” at the bottom of the form.

I suspect this may be a permission issue, as it’s apparently not letting me overwrite the image that I previously uploaded; but it seems odd that I have permission to upload an image but not the permission to overwrite the old one.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I solved this, for anyone else having this same issue; clear all caches under Site Administration.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.