I cant login to my admin page

When i installed OJS about 2 months ago everything was working fine but now i try to login to my admin page and just get redirected to the loging page without any error message i even changed the password form in the database but the issue still persist please what can i do to fix this problem?

Hi @Chuks_Okolo,

It might be that there’s a cookie problem. One quick way to work around this without tinkering with your browser is to change the name of the cookie OJS uses – that’s configured in config.inc.php in the session_cookie_name variable. Changing this will require any existing sessions to log in once again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

I’m using OJS3. I log in from my laptop as admin and there is no issue. However, when I want to log in from another laptop as admin, there are two errors: “Access Denied” and “Undefined”.
I’d be grateful if you can help on this matter.
Thank you.

Hi @Reza,

OJS 3 hasn’t been released yet, so we can’t provide much support for it. Are you attempting to use it in production?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

Yes, the appearance is much better than OJS 2. Can’t I use it for production?
If I use the latest version, which is 2.4.8, can I upgrade it to OJS 3 once it is released?

Hi @Reza,

We’ll be releasing OJS 3.0 this spring/summer; in the meantime, I’d suggest using OJS 2.4.x. You’ll be able to upgrade when OJS 3.0 is ready.

Regards,
Alec Smecher