Hyperlink a text

Hi everyone
I am using OJS 3.2.0.3. Could anyone instruct me on how to do internal hyperlinks like the one shown below? That is to add hyperlinks to a location within the same document something like the picture. Please explain in simple language because I am not a technician

Hi @book,

This will require some HTML coding but is fairly simple. Please see the “How to link to another section on the same page” on HTML a tag.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you for your reply. For example, to hyperlink Open-Access Policy in the same page, I did the following:

1. I went to Dashboard> Setting> Journal
  2. In About the Journal section I clicked this sign to < > to open the source code
  3. I entered Go to Open-Access Policy
  4. I clicked saved and I visited the journal homepage
    I got the following pictures but unfortunately, the hyperlink does not work. When I click it, it does not move to Open-access policy section. Also, I want to delete the statement " Go to" Here is a screenshot
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp Pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse

Hi @book,

You’ll need to make sure that you’ve tagged the Open-Access Policy below accordingly as in the W3 example, they’ve given Section 2 id=“section2”

And referenced it on the top with this HTML code.

It may help to not have any spaces or special characters in id tag. Perhaps change your tag to OpenAccess and make sure that these are exactly the same in the tag and hyperlink.

Anything within the code will be hyperlinked. If you do not want “Go to” to be hyperlinked you will need to add this before. It should then look like Go to <a href="…

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project

Hi pmangahis
I follow all the steps that you instructed me, thank you, and it works fine. To hyperlink Retraction I wrote
Retraction [on the top]

Retraction

[in the bottom] One issue that raises when I wrote the bottom line is that the word Retraction appeared as a separate word at the end of the document and when I click the hyperlink, the page jumps to this separate word "Retraction" just like the picture shows. So I decided to rewrite the bottom line to be

It worked fine. The separate word Retraction at end of the document disappeared and the hyperlink works fine just as the picture shows.

Is there any explanation for that? I am going the correct way?

Other questions if you please

1. what if I wanted to hyperlink other titles in the same document? Should I use the same code and just changes the main words ? or there any significant changes I have to make?

Please show me how to write the code when there are two words such as Aim and Scope or Open-Access Policy
I really appreciate your kind help

Hi, @book,

W3schools does provide code examples that can be modified for your journal use. Please use their ‘Try it Yourself’ function to test your codes.

As mentioned, for words such as Open Access Policy. It may help to not have any spaces or special characters in id tag. Perhaps change your tag to OpenAccess and make sure that these are exactly the same in the tag and hyperlink.

In your code, it would look something like:
**<a href="#OpenAccess">Go to Open Access Policy</a>**

In the heading of the Open Access Policy section on your page, you will want to have:
<h2 id="OpenAccess">Open Access Policy</h2>

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Team