HTTP Error when uploading a new submission OJS 3.0.1.0

Greetings,

We’re having a problem with the pop-up wizard for authors to upload a new submission. After it shows 100% completed then it displays “HTTP Error” without any files uploaded as in the picture. This happens to every file I tried to upload.
Please advise solutions. Thank you!

Hi @igot7,

Have you checked your PHP error log for details?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher,

Hm, i have the same problem but there is nothing in Apache error logs. In access log i get 500 (internal server error). Btw. my site is on HTTPS and OJS displays error as “HTTP error”. I’m not sure how to debug this. I tried opening direct upload link in a new window and this is what i get:

{“status”:false,“content”:“Missing or invalid component!”,“elementId”:“0”,“events”:null}

It’s interesting that in some journals this works fine. One thing to note is that recently i upgraded OJS from 2.4.8 to 3.1. Do u have some advice maybe? Thx.!

Regards,

Nino

I have this error when I want to create second journal on the site. Why this error happens?

Hi all,

@orcalator, when you see a 500 error, something should definitely be logged in your Apache or PHP error logs (these may be the same file, depending on your server configuration, but possibly not).

@mmai, I don’t think your question is related to this thread – can you post your question with all relevant details as a new topic?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello @asmecher,

Problem is solved. One folder (proof) has had wrong ownership set so i fixed it.
Thx. for help.

Regards,

Nino

i have some error like this. some one help me?

Please open new thread in forum and post all relevant information about error you noticed.

Which folder was that?
I have set 777 for ojsdata folder and remained error