HTTP ERROR when upload file on Submission OJS 3.1

Please help me, since three days ago when I or user try to upload files (word) in directory Sublission (stage 2) it could not and appear status HTTP ERROR. I tried to follow all of suggestion in this forum but until today it could not fix. Thank you

Hi @Judha123

Please have a look in your Apache error log. If there are problems with uploading files there should be a “fatal error” message in there somewhere.

Cheers,
Jason

Thank you for your response. I am away from computer right now maybe on Monday to check about apache errot. But, if I found “fatal error” what the next step must to do? Thank you so much

The fatal error message will give you an idea of what the next step is. It might be file permissions, a null object, or perhaps a code bug that there is already a patch for. When you check on Monday we can discuss further.

Cheers,

Thank you so much.

Cheers

Dear Jason

I’m on computer now, and try to open the

Dear Jason

I was open journal database folder and found fatal error in error-log. Below the notes:

[18-Jun-2019 17:20:50 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: require(ABSPATHwp-includes/load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 19
[18-Jun-2019 17:20:50 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: require(ABSPATHwp-includes/load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 19
[18-Jun-2019 17:20:50 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘ABSPATHwp-includes/load.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 19
[18-Jun-2019 17:20:57 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: require(ABSPATHwp-includes/load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 19
[18-Jun-2019 17:20:57 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: require(ABSPATHwp-includes/load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 19
[18-Jun-2019 17:20:57 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘ABSPATHwp-includes/load.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 19
[18-Jun-2019 17:21:15 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: require(ABSPATHwp-includes/load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 19
[18-Jun-2019 17:21:15 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: require(ABSPATHwp-includes/load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 19
[18-Jun-2019 17:21:15 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘ABSPATHwp-includes/load.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 19
[20-Jun-2019 22:52:40 UTC] PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=12591 in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1924
[21-Jun-2019 02:12:50 UTC] PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=4820 in /home/riksawan/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1924

I dont know, is this what you mean as fatal-error?

Nites error log in journal data is found in public_html directory error log as well. it’s same precisely.

Hi @Judha123

Those are errors for Wordpress, not OJS.

Cheers,
Jason

How about this one:

18-Jun-2019 14:16:55 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getSetting() on null in /home/riksawan/public_html/journal/pages/information/InformationHandler.inc.php on line 88

I also find this

19 12:47:56 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/riksawan/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/controllers/wizard/fileUpload/form/PKPSubmissionFilesUploadBaseForm.inc.php on line 178

This is the situation in the directory /home/riksawan/public_html/journal/pages/information/InformationHandler.inc.php on line 88:

if (!$request->getJournal()->getSetting(‘restrictSiteAccess’)) {

How about this one:

18-Jun-2019 14:16:55 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getSetting() on null in /home/riksawan/public_html/journal/pages/information/InformationHandler.inc.php on line 88

This is the situation in the directory /home/riksawan/public_html/journal/pages/information/InformationHandler.inc.php on line 88:

if (!$request->getJournal()->getSetting(‘restrictSiteAccess’)) {

I also find this

19 12:47:56 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/riksawan/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/controllers/wizard/fileUpload/form/PKPSubmissionFilesUploadBaseForm.inc.php on line 178

Hi @Judha123

These are weird errors, because they imply that you have no journal object. Have you created a journal and is it publicly available? Did perhaps something happen to your OJS installation a few days ago that resulted in a journal being removed?

Cheers,
Jason

Yes, it publicly at https://journal.riksawan.com. A few days ago, I making a report to the hosting company about the HTTP Error problem. They try to solved and I guess they removed (change) with restoring the backup journal. I know about it because Softacolous send me an email about successful to restore the backup. But, the problem is not solved. Still, I can’t upload file in stage 2 submission article.

Oh no, my problem added by new massage when I try upload

HI Jason, I wonder my OJS error log stop on 30 June, as your question above. Is it virus or my hacking/phising???

I’m frustrated, then try to update the OJS from 3.1.1.4 to 3.1.2 then my frustration mounted, there is HTTP ERROR 500.

Your error log may have stopped on June 30 because the log files have possibly rotated and a new one has started. This is quite common on servers. Can you see if you have another log file on the go?

Cheers,