HTTP error 500; require(./lib/pkp/includes/bootstrap.inc.php)

I have facing some problem with this error.

require(./lib/pkp/includes/bootstrap.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thejecos/public_html/index.php on line 65

Can you help me out of this issue, please.

Thanking you.

Hi @Girish,

I suspect you’ve downloaded the .zip file from GitHub. Try downloading the package from the PKP website.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you @asmecher for prominent reply.
I have install ojs3 from softaculous installer from Cpanel. I don’t know from where it update 3.2.1.1?
Could you please suggest me what should I do now. How can I rectify this?
Thank you.

Regards

Girish

Hi @Girish,

I’m not sure I’m following… Is this a new install using Softaculous, or was it a working installation that you recently tried to upgrade?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I was tried to upgrade it but it wasn’t work so, I newly install it through Softaculous installer. Newly installed OJS is working, here your can find it. Journal of Eco-Science and Technology

Regards
Girish

Hi @Girish,

OK, thanks. It looks like you’ve resolved the issue you were having, correct?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,
The OJS 3.2 is working good and fine. I am facing problem that when I would like to open thejecost.com/ then the error is come and said
thejecost.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Rest is working fine.

Thanks and regard

Girish

Hi @Girish,

It sounds like you’re having trouble moving OJS from the /ojs2 subdirectory of your domain into the root, is that correct?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes! @asmecher.
Your right.

Hi @Girish,

Can you describe how you’re trying to move the installation from one directory to the other?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,
I was installed OJS initially using softaculous installer in Cpanel. When I was tried to update OJS 3.1 it couldn’t get install properly, so I established new directory as ojs2 at this time the problem arises and it said that internal server error. For this error I have taken help from my domain server provider technical support and they change its root directory to ojs2. After this thejecost.com was working fine. After new OJS 3.2 launch, I would like to update and that time I was faced update problem. To solve this , I have deleted old installations and installed ojs 3.2 ver in same ojs2 directory.
Dear @asmecher, exactly how it was done I have no idea.
If you guide me on this, I am sure, I will do it.

Thanks and regard

Girish

Hi @Girish,

I’m afraid I can’t give much guidance if I don’t know how the installation was moved around. However, this message:

require(./lib/pkp/includes/bootstrap.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thejecos/public_html/index.php on line 65

…means that part of the software (the file lib/pkp/includes/bootstrap.inc.php) is missing. Perhaps part of the software was not moved into the new location?

Regards,
Alec Smecher