HTTP ERROR 500 installation OJS 3.3.0-3

Fatal error: Uncaught → Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template “app:app:frontendpagesuserLogin.tp” on line 11 “{include file=“frontend/components/header.tpl” pageTitle=“user.login”}” unknown tag ‘include’ ← thrown in /home/********/avj.tusadam.com/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 11
HTTP ERROR 500
I get this error. what should I do?

(Cross-posted: Issue installation OJS 3.3.0-3 · Issue #6738 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub)

Hi @iek,

This is a problem with the Smarty library that OJS relies upon when using the Turkish locale. See strtolower in Autoloader.php won't work using tr_TR locale · Issue #155 · smarty-php/smarty · GitHub for details. I have proposed a fix to the Smarty project but it has not been accepted yet; you could try applying that change.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you!
The error was fixed when I chose the English language option.
It was detected that there is an error in the Turkish language.

Dear @asmecher

I am trying to add Turkish support for OMP 3.3 just for testing my translation.
I added that line to registry → locales.xml and copied translated po files to their corresponding locale folders.

<locale key="tr_TR" complete="false" name="Turkish" iso639-2b="tur" iso639-3="tur" />

I have forgotten Turkish locale bug in PhP & smarty and reinstalled OMP three times since I get a blank page after a successfull install.

Then, I applied the fix at that page manually;

But I still get a blank page although I cleared the cache.

This time, the php-error log includes that lines:

[22-Feb-2021 19:53:41 Europe/Istanbul] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'books.sessions' doesn't exist in /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(78): PDO->prepare('SELECT * FROM s...', Array)
#1 /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(361): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->prepare(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression))
#2 /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(664): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database\{closure}(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression), Array)
#3 /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(631): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression), Array, Object(Cl in /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php on line 671
[22-Feb-2021 19:59:02 Europe/Istanbul] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'books.sessions' doesn't exist in /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(78): PDO->prepare('SELECT * FROM s...', Array)
#1 /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(361): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->prepare(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression))
#2 /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(664): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database\{closure}(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression), Array)
#3 /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(631): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression), Array, Object(Cl in /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php on line 671
[22-Feb-2021 19:59:08 Europe/Istanbul] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'books.sessions' doesn't exist in /home/books/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:78
Stack trace:

I also applied the old fix for php Turkish locale bug in that page (lib – pkp – classes - i18n – PKPLocale.inc.php) but it didn’t solve the issue.

Do you make any suggestion?

Update:
After dropping all the tables, and changing config.inc.php settings to installed = no, I could have installed and get log in page in Turkish frontend successfuly. I also can reinstall after removing the extra lines in PKPLocale.inc.php.

Update 2: Although I could install without extra lines at PKPLocale.inc.php, I get the error message “Requested URL was not recognized” when I tried to change the Date-Time settings in Journal settings. The error has gone away after adding that extra line to PKPLocale.inc.php, and modified Date-Time settings successfuly.

Thank you very much.
Best regards,

Hi @drugurkocak,

It sounds like you were able to work through a number of problems but I’m not clear whether you’re still running into roadblocks; were you able to work around the problems?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher
Thank you for your kind reply among all these work. OMP works fine with Turkish frontend & backend now, and trying to find the key titles or strings for some Turkish titles.
I have no hurry, and will be pleased if you can reply about how to decide for naming in Turkish translation.
Regards,

1 Like