HTTP 500 Error after Twitter plugin installation in OJS 3.3.0

I have installed twitter plugin in my OJS 3.3.0 journal and after installation the journal is down, getting the following error:

ghalibqjournal.com can’t currently handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I have checked the PHP log and the following error is logged:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() cannot be called statically in ghalibqjournal.com/plugins/generic/publons/PublonsPlugin.inc.php:166
Stack trace:
tderr: #0 ghalibqjournal.com/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php(107): PublonsPlugin->handleRequest('LoadHandler', Array)
stderr: #1 ghalibqjournal.com/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(202): HookRegistry::call('LoadHandler', Array)
stderr: #2 ghalibqjournal.com/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
stderr: #3 ghalibqjournal.com/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(362): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
stderr: #4 ghalibqjournal.com/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()
stderr: #5 {main}
stderr:   thrown in ghalibqjournal.com/plugins/generic/publons/PublonsPlugin.inc.php on line 166

Any comment on what the issue is?

@asmecher

Hi @asrarahmadehsan

This isn’t the Twitter plugin, it’s the Publons plugin. Please check and see if they have released a version compatible with OJS 3.3.

Best
Jason

1 Like

Thanks for your answer @jnugent

Currently I am not able to access my journal not the fronted neither the backend. Is there any way to delete the plugin from the site or from the database?

Hi @asrarahmadehsan

Just delete the publons folder on disk, in the plugins/generic directory. Completely uninstalling will require removing entries in the versions and plugin_settings database tables. Please make a complete backup of your database before doing that.

Best
Jason

1 Like

Thank you very much @jnugent .
It worked.

I deleted the corresponding folder and records in versions and plugin_settings database tables.
It worked and the website is online now but the UI is broken I don’t why?

Try clearing your cache and data settings in the Administration menu.

Best
Jason

1 Like