Html codeo on OJS

Hello friends,

I hope you can help me. I would like to insert a couple of widgets into the ojs3, specifically the doaj search widget and the world views widget.

Both are inserted with html code but I can’t find how to insert the code. the idea is that they appear in the left sidebar.

If anyone knows how to solve this, I would greatly appreciate the information.

Greetings!

Hi @Daryl_David
You can do that easily by using Custom Block Manager Plugin and activate the block from the setup tab.
Regards,
Salam

Hi @Salam_Al-Khammasi,

Thanks! I will try that solution.

Best,
Daryl

Hi again @Salam_Al-Khammasi

I don’t have that plugin in my gallery. Do you know how I can get it?

Thanks a lot,

Daryl

Hi @Daryl_David
You can install it from the plugin gallery. What is your OJS version?

Hi @Salam_Al-Khammasi

I found it and these were the steps I did.

Manage custom blocks
add blocks
Add block name

however I’m not sure if I should just paste the code in the content or if I should include it as source code.

i am using ojs 3.3.0.7

Thanks!

Hi @Salam_Al-Khammasi

I should just paste the code as source code but but it does not save it completely. this causes the doaj search widget to appear incomplete.

Hi @Daryl_David
You should not just paste the code. You need to paste it as source code and then you need to customize your widget by adding some css style.
Regards,
Salam

Ok, thanks a lot for the information.

Best,
Daryl

Hi @Salam_Al-Khammasi

I customize the doaj widget by adding css style as you advise me. However, when viewed on the main page of ojs, the search bar does not appear. Any idea what could be going on?

Thank you so much,

Daryl

Hi @Daryl_David
I got the same issue when I tried to embed DOAJ Widget. It looks like you need to move the java script code to a ccs file but I did not try this option otherwise it will be a bug need to be fixed in Manage custom blocks plugin.
Regards,
Salam